Discussion: Trump Lobs Insults At Clinton, Calling Her 'Unhinged' And A 'Liar'

30 Likes

As would be expected from someone with the maturity of a 5-year-old, he resorts to the school-yard: “I’m Rubber, Your’e Glue…” response.
Typical Trump.
Throw as much poo at the opponent as you can as fast as you can and then run away, leaving it to the fawning MSM to “explain” it (by which I mean present it all as absolute FACT so they can get their ratings for the hour.)

5 Likes

The dictionary truly has a new definition of projection with Drumpf’s "“She’s really pretty close to unhinged,” he said. “You’ve seen it,
you’ve seen it a couple of times. The people in the background know it, the people that know her know it. And she’s like an unbalanced person.”

5 Likes

“She’s really pretty close to unhinged,” he said. “You’ve seen it, you’ve seen it a couple of times. The people in the background know it, the people that know her know it. And she’s like an unbalanced person.”

“Unhinged”

36 Likes

Someone needs to tell him that when the press has just spent a full week talking about how he is unhinged, and similar comments have been made this week by his own party members and the former CIA director, him calling his opponent unhinged only makes him look more unhinged.

30 Likes

There have been many things said about SoS Clinton (some good, much not good) but I have never ever heard her being described as “unhinged”.

Trump’s gonna have to try a little harder.

16 Likes

30 Likes

If he’s going to make accusations like that, shouldn’t he be willing to produce his own hinges?

Oh, and tax returns- those as well.

35 Likes

I heard once that if you don’t deal with your childhood traumas and issues in adulthood, that they’ll all come back to haunt you when you reach old age.

Seems Der Trumpenfuhrer is proving that statement to a T.

10 Likes

Bingo. Only appeals to the folks who will vote for him anyway. Hey, maybe they can vote 10 times for Trump! He apparently thinks it happens all the time.

10 Likes

The Republican penchant for projection has entered the insanity phase. Is this some kind of silly google search strategy?

7 Likes

And don’t forget my personal favorite: dissemble.

12 Likes

In the London Review of Books there is a terrific article on Brexit, by John Lanchester, and it opens with a description of the Overton Window, in which he uses Trumpian examples:

The ‘Overton window’ is a term from political science meaning the acceptable range of political thought in a culture at a given moment. It was the creation of Joseph Overton, a think-tank intellectual based in Michigan, who died in 2003 at 43 after a solo plane accident. His crucial insight, one which both emerged from and was central to the work of the think tank Right, was that the window of acceptability can be moved. An idea can start far outside the political mainstream – flat taxes, abolish the IRS, more guns in schools, building a beautiful wall and making Mexico pay – but once it has been stated and argued for, framed and restated, it becomes thinkable. It crosses over from the fringe of right-wing think-tankery to journalistic fellow-travellers; then it crosses over to the fringe of electoral politics; then it becomes a thing people start seriously advocating as a possible policy. The window has moved, and rough beasts come slouching through it to be born.

It’s more like an Overton Triple Garage Door with Trump, but you get the idea.

30 Likes

The monsters have come to Maple Street.

22 Likes

I wish I could click Like 1000x for this one!

(Well I guess I could but it would have no net effect and probably piss off the server and give my click finger a cramp to boot.)

7 Likes

Of course I can’t find the link but I believe it’s already happened. I believe there was some aspect of the Clinton Foundation that provides educational resources and some entity on the Right has brought it up. I’m still looking and will add it here if I find it.

2 Likes

Sir cheeto, the unhinged liar is you fool.

5 Likes

Zombie Rove took over the campaign.

“Accuse the opponent of being what you are.”

5 Likes

“She’s really pretty close to unhinged,” he said. “You’ve seen it, you’ve seen it a couple of times. The people in the background know it, the people that know her know it. And she’s like an unbalanced person.”

Except that this is patently untrue. She has people who have worked for her since she was First Lady, and got about 80% of the super delegates to endorse her. SD’s are the Senators, members of Congress, DNC members, and former governors and VPs she’s worked with for the past 30 years – the “people in the background” – who think she’d make a great president.

Meanwhile, GOP Governors, members of Congress, former CIA directors, generals and others are dropping Trump for Clinton. Ooops.

14 Likes

So, are you suggesting that it might really be OK for Chislein’ Trump to shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue?

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available