Discussion: Trump: If My Daughter Was Harassed At Work, I'd Hope She'd Leave The Job

Agree that this is good material if you don’t make it about Ivanka. Otherwise it looks like people being nasty to a child.

2 Likes

Because, after all, it’s her fault. What she did, said, didn’t do, didn’t say - it’s her fault. At the end of the day, no matter what happened, it is HER fault.

12 Likes

Remember when George HW Bush was roundly mocked for not knowing how much milk cost or how a grocery scanner worked? It was seen as evidence he didn’t understand the lives of most Americans.

This is worse. 99% of Americans can’t just quite their job because they need it to pay rent, mortgage, food, etc., the basic necessities. We can’t all inherit $300M from daddy.

And Trump doesn’t get that. He thinks if a job is unpleasant, you just go to your next one. Jeebus.

21 Likes

Thank you for bringing the emphasis back where it should be. If someone harassed my daughter, I’d take him to court and spend my resources to get his ass canned and possibly prosecuted. This is not about Ivanka, this is about the odious orange turd that thinks his daughter should quit when she has done nothing wrong.

14 Likes

Dumb Trump is getting too predictable, the schtick is getting old and stopped being entertaining… I am going to start ignoring him…

Now for entertainment , I just wished the Bundy’s do another stupid thing…

5 Likes

So when a woman is sexually harassed on the job, it is her fault for being there in the first place? God, I wish this fucking guy would get an ass full of charging rhino horn.

9 Likes

Exactly. A single mother who is working to put food in her kids’ bellies and a roof over their heads can’t just pick up and quit her job. She might not necessarily be able to just go find a new industry or career to take on because her boss decided he’d like to have sex with her. Another job may not even be available, so what’s his advice for her? I think we all know what it is. Sick bastard.

28 Likes

The outreach continues apace

13 Likes

That is the whole point and the whole reason why his comment is insensitive, offensive and outrageous. What Trump is saying there is it is victims who are supposed to silently leave the job and lose their source of income. Notice he has nothing to say about harassers, so in his world, they should lose nothing. This is, first and foremost, not about Ivanka, this is about his view of women.

(*Having said that, I would like to think most fathers, who may utter sexist things here and there, wouldn’t say what Trump said, once they start thinking about what if their own daughters are victimized. So, Trump’s lack of empathy and imagination does deserve to be noted).

20 Likes

Absolutely. And frankly, this comment should raise as much of a $hit$torm and backlash as the ones about Khan have done. Every woman and rational man in the country should be up in arms about it.

13 Likes

Says the guy who has never been an employee.

14 Likes

To quote a Mel Brooks movie, “it’s good to be da king.”

4 Likes

It also occurs to me how bad this will probably sound to a lot of men. We know how horrible it sounds to women, but I was thinking how weak and even pathetic it would sound to a lot of the guys who are actually part of his constituency (and of course many who aren’t, obviously). The correct response is something along the lines of, “I would be mad as hell if someone did something like that to Ivanka, and I’d make sure there’d be hell to pay” or something along those lines. If you’re going to play the tough guy then the tough guy response is to say you wouldn’t stand for any man treating your daughter that way. Not Trump. His problem is with his daughter, he wants her to cower away from the man who is harassing her and completely flip her life upside down because she was victimized.

24 Likes

Searching…searching,

Sorry folks, there are just no words to express…

5 Likes

I’m beginning to believe Trump is incapable of even a single intelligent, coherent sentence.

11 Likes

You see, Donald, most people can’t just go out and get another job. It’s not like they’re hanging on trees like fruit in summertime. Do you see that? And can you see that maybe she shouldn’t be the one that has to go find another job? That maybe she should be able to hold the harrasser, who is the source of the problem, responsible and force him to go get another job? Do you see that? No? I thought not.

8 Likes

And of course when asked why she left the previous job because she was sexually harassed by men at her previous job, they never reject her applying for the job because they don’t ever think that they might get sued. Right?

Trump really doesn’t get how pernicious and stigmatizing having to deal with sexual harassment is for the person who was on the receiving end, even if it is 100% proven a legitimate grievance.

And of course that former boss is going to write glowing references, etc. right?

This guy doesn’t have a clue.

18 Likes

But you see, in Trump’s id (a dark place indeed… to be a tough guy, the emphasis and qualifying criterion is guy. “Why be a tough guy over a mere ‘girl’ having a problem?” is the Trump mindset.

4 Likes

and whose kids never had to actually look for a job, submit their resume, do interviews, etc.

10 Likes

Every woman and rational man in the country should be up in arms about it.

Too many people in this country still don’t believe sexual harassment is really a thing. It won’t cause an uproar.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available