Discussion: Trump: 'I Like Bannon' But Don't Give Him Much Credit (Or Call Him A Racist)

Bannon We hardly knew Thee

2 Likes

Nancy Pelosi, my representative, said this yesterday, and she lays the blame on Bannon. Rs should not argue with this. Add her words to those of Murdoch and others encouraging Bannon to step down.

The President’s statement on Saturday was a direct reflection of the fact that his chief strategist, Steve Bannon, is an alt-right white supremacist sympathizer and a shameless enforcer of those un-American beliefs. In his long overdue statement today, President Trump called white supremacists ‘repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.’ If the President is sincere about rejecting white supremacists, he should remove all doubt by firing Steve Bannon and the other alt-right white supremacist sympathizers in the White House.

From the beginning, President Trump has sheltered and encouraged the forces of bigotry and discrimination. President Trump’s failure to immediately denounce white supremacy is well in line with the unmistakable conduct of his Administration toward immigrants, Muslims, and communities of color.

4 Likes

I predict more free time in Bannon’s future.

1 Like

Today’s not so secret word is " unfairly".

1 Like

Not to worry Steve. You’re not going anywhere until you teach Trump that special anatomically difficult technique that the Mooch talked about. Keep your mouth shut, and you can stay.

These special friends of rump aren’t going anywhere … believe me, bigly !!! He was elected … he is president …that’s all folks !!!

Just to point out two … Todd and Quomo (along with the rest of cable news) are absolutely complicit in this mans election and some patriot should open a can of “WhipAss” on both of them…

Hillary Clinton told the entire fucking country in measured and accurate terms what Rump was and is. This election will go down in world history as the biggest fuck up of any democracy … large or small !!!

2 Likes

No more “Steve,” eh? It’s “Mr. Bannon.”

Well, Erik Prince must be rooting through the Washington landfill today looking for some other sponsor for his plan to pig up the U.S. Treasury. The Mercers will give Mr. B a soft landing, no doubt, but will they now reject Trump for not being the useful tool Bannon said he’d be? I like their money being lashed to Trump’s sinking ship instead of blowing into the pockets of potentially less dysfunctional fascists.

1 Like

Bannon must know it’s coming. Wonder how many “cookies” he’s leaving behind…

Maybe because Donnie insists on being called by his last name?

1 Like

This cartoon reminds me of a syllogism (at least I think it’s a syllogism) which may be useful in understanding Trump “ambiguity” on this issue…

All Nazis are fascist, but not all fascists are Nazis.

We all know we’re supposed to hate Nazis, because John Wayne fought the Nazis. Hating Nazis is part of our cultural identity. It’s easy to say “I hate Nazis”, because they are a faceless other from all those WWII movies. In this most recent tirade, Trump is trying to parse the syllogism. Nazis are bad, not all those guys were Nazis. The problem is, they’re all still fascists, even the ones he’d like to separate from the outright Nazis. We get that. He does not. Bannon is a fascist. Gorka is a fascist. We get that. Trump just wants us to know they’re not Nazis.

I suspect that Trump’s crazy press conference today MAY have been BECAUSE he plans to fire Bannon.
He has been terrified of what Bannon will do to him away from the WH…how Bannon could turn Trump’s loyal base against him…and I think Bannon has been playing some of these games already w/ leaks, to show Trump how vulnerable he is.
So…Trump gives a press conference in which he throws his support behind the needy white supremacists and Nazis who are looking for legitimacy. and who are grateful for his blessings…which makes them beholden to him in a way. And will make them less likely to be swayed by Bannon.

If Bannon is not fired in the next few days then this premise is wrong…but this occurred to me this evening. Yes, I think Mueller and the NYC protests have unhinged Trump, but I just think that there is a strategy behind this, no matter how suicidal it may seem to normal people.

2 Likes

I think he means he beat all the other Republican candidates, just doesn’t have the count exactly right and never actually mastered who they were – senators or governors or whatever. Details.

ETA: Sorry. Just read up the thread and see that someone else already figured this out.

1 Like

because John Wayne fought the Nazis.

I’m sure you know John Wayne never fought the Nazis - except of course on celluloid. It’s surprising how many people actually think Wayne was a soldier during WWII. He was a draft dodger.

1 Like

Right. It’s not macho at all Jimmy Stewart who was the hero.

But, alas, a Republican too.

I like calling NC home yikes!

Some of them really were bigger than life.

Someone like Stewart is like a sadly sweet memento from a different age. I desperately want him not to have been a Nixon supporter and a Reaganite, but he was. He did at least support Johnson’s Gun Control Act though.

Yes he loved the Republican Party but sadly lost a son in Vietnam. Sometimes events can shape our lives. Now take the persona of Mr. Bigly, not exactly a grand event or a world war but it certainly feels like it.

Initially, a family deferment, which was rendered moot by his leaving his wife for Marlene Dietrich, followed by procrastination and ambivalence, because he couldn’t get a cushy officers slot.

That sounds about right as Wayne was also behind blacklisting the Hollywood Ten. Nice guy. And then it gets weird, Nixon weird, as Wayne was an honored guest at the Nixon WH when the Vietnam war is ‘over’ and the remaining POW’s are brought home with a stop at the WH - to meet Nixon and the Duke over a WH lunch - with pics of course. Blows my mind as a conscripted Viet vet, and anti war activist after coming home in '69.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available