Discussion: Trump: FBI Won't Investigate Kavanaugh Allegation Because It's 'Not Their Thing'

1 Like

The WH and the DOJ are both hopelessly confused by the difference between having the FBI investigate a federal crime, and having the FBI conduct a background check. The latter is an effort aimed at discovering whether the nominee has anything in his past that could be used to blackmail him, for example. The lack of a federal crime is irrelevant.

21 Likes

“Trump: FBI Won’t Investigate Kavanaugh Allegation Because It’s ‘Not Their Thing’.”

Not to get all technical or anything, but…

The word “investigation”…IS RIGHT THERE IN THE NAME “FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION”!!!

52 Likes

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-18-nintendo-fans-react-in-dismay-after-trump-toad-comparison

4 Likes

Even more amazing, since the person making this accusation is being mean to a right-winger, you’d think Trump would be all in favor of unleashing the FBI on her. Maybe he’s not sure what they’d come up with. Or maybe he is.

14 Likes

“If they wanted to be, I would certainly do that. But they say this is not really their thing."

What he means is they are too busy investigating his lying, compromised ass. However, it’s a big bureau and they can walk and chew gum at the same time.

11 Likes

And attempting to convince the world that you are presidential material isn’t really your “thing” either.

15 Likes

That “Investigation” thing is only a technicality.

2 Likes

What Trump really wants is a Federal Bureau of Intimidation, with a director who does his bidding without question.

16 Likes

I heard Empty Dumpty’s pitiful sound bite on the radio just now. Sounds like someone slipped a few Xanax into his morning Diet Coke.

8 Likes

Shorter Trump: I’m not having the FBI investigate because they might find something.

16 Likes

"I think politically speaking, the senators will do a very good job.”

That’s just it. The background investigation is not supposed to be political. It’s supposed to be investigative, fact-based, with unbiased conclusions. That’s why it’s the FBI’s “thing.”

17 Likes

Volunteer to help get out the Democratic vote this November. Mueller’s doing his part – let’s make sure we do ours. https://youtu.be/247Fq8Gjvbw

4 Likes

Yeah, the FBI never digs into such matters…

Jan. 12: Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr — who had been investigating Whitewater, a scandal-plagued Arkansas real-estate venture with which the Clintons had been involved — receives more than 20 hours of tapes of phone conversations that seem to contradict the affidavit. The tapes come from Linda Tripp, who had become close friends with Lewinsky in 1996 while the two worked in the Pentagon’s public affairs office, and to whom Lewinsky had confided about President Clinton.

***Jan. 13: At the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Pentagon City, Va., Lewinsky dishes more about the relationship to Tripp, who’s been secretly wired by FBI agents, per Starr’s orders.***

Jan. 16: A court of appeals panel gives Starr the green light to add the Clinton-Lewinsky allegations to his portfolio to see if she lied under oath. Tripp tells Jones’ lawyers about Lewinsky’s affair with the President.

Jan. 21: Drudge publishes allegations that Lewinsky had kept a “garment with Clinton’s dried semen.” Mainstream news outlets pick up his report over the course of the week. ***FBI tests, however, find no DNA evidence on Lewinsky’s clothes.***

http://time.com/5120561/bill-clinton-monica-lewinsky-timeline/
7 Likes

He never asked the FBI and count down to when the FBI will begin investigation on their own or by Grassley being made to ask them to.

4 Likes

Did you read this about Coke?

2 Likes

No one expects the Federal Inquisition!

8 Likes

I share your all caps disgust.

5 Likes

I can’t think of a way I’d less like to ingest cannabis than in a Coca-Cola product

3 Likes

First Tic Tacs were ruined. Now this.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available