Discussion: Trump Dumps Roy Moore: He Should 'Certainly' Concede To Doug Jones

They are raising a stink, revisiting Trump’s sexual assault issues. They are letting Trump’s counterpunching keep the issues alive as well. That’s why Gillibrand stepped forward (and you know she’s running in 2020) to take a swipe at him. And then a few more Dem women. He can’t let anything pass, so they’re using that to continue to muddy up his brand and the GOP brand for 2018 and beyond.

1 Like

I once read a quote by H.L. Mencken. I can never find it now, no matter how I try, and no matter that I bought an app for my iPhone of H.L. Mencken sayings that no longer works, where I looked long and hard for the quote.

But basically, I once read a Mencken quote that said, in a democracy, people eventually find out who you really are. Roy Moore managed to be a big fish in the small pond of Alabama dixiecrat politics, by pandering to all the racists masquerading, as they have done since they lost the Civil War, as devout pharisee christians. He was able to get away with covering up who he really was by being a DA of his back woods county. He then had a whole political career on the bench where he was able to continue to cover up who he really is.

I am glad the press is covering his petulant refusal to concede. It shows that he had not seriously countenanced that he might lose. Most politicians running for any office should have a concession speech in their back pocket. He obviously didnt. I am glad to have the press highlight and reveal for everyone exactly who he is, and exactly who his State and National Party are. And who his voters are.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available