Discussion: Trump Dumps Roy Moore: He Should 'Certainly' Concede To Doug Jones

He also probably would have been homeless, hungry and unable to go to college were it not for Social Security…

You mean the half that already proved they have no mind to begin with when they voted for Trump (or any Republican’t, for that matter)?

2 Likes

I guess Donald want the “This election is about Pres. Trump’s presidency”- meme, which was floated by several people before the election, to go away and die quietly ? “I like people, who don’t loose elections”

1 Like

It’s mostly to illustrate how pathetic he is. Everyone loves a stooge they can point and laugh at. In all honesty I hope he drags this out as long as possible so he can continue to be an embarrassment for the GOP.

1 Like

There was a big bus parked outside the White House that no one’s been thrown under.

I’d love to ask Roy why God let the South lose the war. Almost as if He despises slavery and racism.

I suppose he can’t concede because he’s a professional victim. Nothing is ever his fault. If he lost (and that’s if to him), then it’s the fault of outsiders, blacks, women, and “nonChristians”. Great for grifting purposes, which is his true vocation anyway.

1 Like

From the Politico article, but the confusion about when and if results from the argle bargle offered up in place of Yes or No.

He would like to serve through Election Day 2018 and retire ahead of the next Congress.

2 Likes

I’m sure others have pointed this out elsewhere, but this is exactly how the Orange Ones told folks he was going to act if he had lost the election. Refuse to accept that he could possibly have lost. And I have no doubt we would still be litigating ballot chads (or the metaphorical equivalent) 10 months in, if Hillary had won.

Roy Moore is sucking up attention. He’s forcing Trump to talk about someone other than himself. He hates that. Moore is now doing God’s Work.

1 Like

Thanks for that! I had missed it.

1 Like

I believe the technical term is “Get out of Dodge…”

2 Likes

This is sort of interesting, is Donald aiming for a sub-30% approval rating before year-end ?

Come On, Donnie, you can do it !

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Anytime, friend. (brother? sister? xir?) I miss the Purple One. Have a great weekend!

1 Like

@littlegirlblue
You are so right! If there was any chance he’d become (yeesh) POTUS Ryan, he’d be sticking around. He’ll declare Mission Accomplished and go collect his checks directly from the Kochs.

I buy Maddow’s take. The GOP was having a cow when the the Congressional Generic ballot was @ +7 D. Apparently it’s at +15 D now. They are going to vote this tax scam in, and flee the building.
Link is from The Hill, quoting a Fox poll. I haven’t looked for similar news elsewhere yet.
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/357214-poll-dems-lead-by-15-points-in-generic-congressional-ballot

Keep punching Dems!

1 Like

Maybe Donald is finally listening to god?

And the link is a little old, and even then handwriting was starting to appear. It tells me, because I don’t like to panic, we as a group should stop the breast beating and the constant “Why aren’t the Democrats doing more” because we see self immolation in progress. Thank you, Ignorant Groper in Chief.

To my point, from a fellow TPMer minutes ago. I’ve offered to serve up a cup of herbal tea but he refused it.

How about doing Congressional Dems doing some weapons-grade yelling and screaming about the GOP’s shameful slurs and smearing of the FBI and Director Mueller, a Republican war hero? Why do the Dem members of Congress, both houses, not raise a stink?

1 Like

The R’s are rushing the tax bill in before Jones gets seated. How unusual.

I know it’s superficial, and maybe photo editors are deliberately picking unflattering pictures, but Jesus H. Christ, Trump always looks like he’s squeezing out a load. There were certainly pictures of President Obama where he wasn’t smiling, but I don’t know if I ever saw one where he looked so miserable and ugly.

It shows that being a nasty mean spirited person can actually affect your physical appearance.

They are raising a stink, revisiting Trump’s sexual assault issues. They are letting Trump’s counterpunching keep the issues alive as well. That’s why Gillibrand stepped forward (and you know she’s running in 2020) to take a swipe at him. And then a few more Dem women. He can’t let anything pass, so they’re using that to continue to muddy up his brand and the GOP brand for 2018 and beyond.

1 Like

I once read a quote by H.L. Mencken. I can never find it now, no matter how I try, and no matter that I bought an app for my iPhone of H.L. Mencken sayings that no longer works, where I looked long and hard for the quote.

But basically, I once read a Mencken quote that said, in a democracy, people eventually find out who you really are. Roy Moore managed to be a big fish in the small pond of Alabama dixiecrat politics, by pandering to all the racists masquerading, as they have done since they lost the Civil War, as devout pharisee christians. He was able to get away with covering up who he really was by being a DA of his back woods county. He then had a whole political career on the bench where he was able to continue to cover up who he really is.

I am glad the press is covering his petulant refusal to concede. It shows that he had not seriously countenanced that he might lose. Most politicians running for any office should have a concession speech in their back pocket. He obviously didnt. I am glad to have the press highlight and reveal for everyone exactly who he is, and exactly who his State and National Party are. And who his voters are.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available