Discussion: Trump Confirms He Called House Repeal Bill 'Mean,' Claims Obama Copied Him

Republicans attack others’ strengths while they project their own weaknesses onto others.

It’s textbook operating for them.

10 Likes

In these days of peril the tragedy in Pakistan yesterday which the Wazoo in Chief will not even mention can serve as a lesson to us. Because of crummy roads a fuel tanker holding 5,500 gallons rolled over and the locals grabbed pots and pans and rushed to collect free fuel in spite of cops trying to keep them away. Some fool decided to spark up a cigarette and incinerated 140 people.

The feral human in the Oval Office is our source of ignition.

9 Likes

“He actually used my term, mean. That was my term.

Well, it is one of the 77 words in his vocabulary, usually when referencing how others are so mean to poor Donnie He’s so misunderstood.

Good grief. What a fricking embarrassing moron. He’s not capable of shining Obama’s shoes, let alone trying to fill them.

Worst President Ever.

22 Likes

Absolutely. Obama set a little trap, and Trump predictably blundered right into it. There’s no way he could have helped himself. The definitive descriptor for the bill now has bipartisan confirmation.

18 Likes

Yes, Trump’s silly accusations and tweeting are SO hurtful. I can just imagine Obama and Pelosi smacking their heads, wishing they could come up with some cool zingers to send back. Maybe, “No, you copied ME!” or “YOU’RE the loser!”

7 Likes

Projecting Trump’s very real mental issues on a democrat. Business as usual.

14 Likes

Good thing for the rest of us that he has never said “f—ing idiot” on camera. We would all be accused of using “his word.”

17 Likes

:smile:

2 Likes

Having a 3-year-old occupy the Oval Office is getting really tiresome.

18 Likes

Cowed media silence in the face of the high dollar Mnuchin ‘wedding’ is counterpoint to a week of absurdly hypocritical moaning over violent public speech by liberals…

3 Likes

I really think Obama used the term “fundamental meanness” to get Trump’s attention - to use a word Trump himself had used in a negative context, to try to get Trump to realize the Senate bill is “mean” too. Obama knows Trump will not understand or care what’s actually in the bill, but if someone can get through to Trump a feeling, not knowledge but just a feeling that might cause a bit of recognized uneasiness in Trump … well, that could be the best that can be done. But, since Trump wants a “win” with the added bonus of sticking it to Obama’s best domestic legislation, he’s all in to pass it and I don’t think anything will change that.

14 Likes

[quote=“krusher, post:29, topic:58045, full:true”]
Having a 3-year-old occupy the Oval Office is getting really tiresome.
[/quote]How do you child-proof an entire country?

10 Likes

One thing you can’t overemphasize is how aware people at Obama’s level are of the reactions people will have to what they say. Of course he knows Trump used the term “mean.” So he immediately uses it as a wedge between the base and the GOP. And when Trump complains he said it first, McConnell tears out his last few wisps of hair.

25 Likes

The guy is mental.

8 Likes

Here’s something for you if you have a lot of time to spare
T r u m p ’ s L i e s

8 Likes

Thanks for the report. Please accept my condolences. Hope you had a handy supply of Tums.

7 Likes

ObAMa plagiariZEd trUMP jusT like MicHELLe plagiarIZED MelaniA. IS theRE NOTHING thE FORMer firsT FAMILY wiLL DO to SHAME theMSELVES and America???

25 Likes

yOU forGoT TO wOrK soMEtHiNG iN aB0Ut bLaCKz aLL bEiNG tHiEVeS, LiBTarD.

OnE!1!!1!1!!!11

10 Likes

So anyone who uses the word “mean” or variations like “meanness” are plagiarizing Trump who apparently has as trademark on the word, “mean.”

3 Likes

And the market cornered as well.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available