Discussion: Trump Bashes 'Grandstanders' Who Quit His Panel In Wake Of Charlottesville

I’ve decided to proactively bash whichever grandstander chooses to take their place.

Any executive who joins any panel of The Rump is grandstanding by definition, and deserves all the sympathy of a rat who boarded the sinking ship.

1 Like

More dignity wraiths to join the rest. As a former Intel employee I was furious when Brian Krzanich joined the council and misrepresented previously-made investment plans in Fab 42 to give Trump political cover and legitimacy. And I was sickened by his little informercial from the Oval Office.

All of these CEOs made calculated decisions to put themselves into Trump’s orbit. Either because they tacitly supported him or they were willing to trade their principles for a seat at the table. So while I am happy to see them making the right decision today, I won’t clap too loudly. They shouldn’t have been there in the first place, and whatever blow back they get from either Trump or the general public is just karma at work.

2 Likes

Sometimes a Cockholster just can’t get no respect. No respect, I tell you.

2 Likes

Unlike all you smartasses, I have a SERIOUS question:

Should President* Lying Littledick now be referred to as the “Whiner in Chief,” or the “Snowflake in Chief”?

OK, so the question wasn’t that serious. So sue me.

1 Like

Let’s call the members of this panel what they are. Appeasers.

History is clear in the role Appeasers had in propping up the Third Reich in the name of money.

Dow Chemical, GE, Ford, GM, and Chase Bank were some of many who, to protect their profits and to profit from the war, became appeasers to Nazi Germany.

We know who Donald Trump is, so if a company continues to stand next to Donald Trump, then they are operating against the values of this country.

Below is the list. Contact them and remind them that history will remember.

Andrew Liveris, Dow Chemical Co.
Bill Brown, Harris Corporation
Michael Dell, Dell Technologies
John Ferriola, Nucor
Jeff Fettig, Whirlpool
Alex Gorsky, Johnson & Johnson
Greg Hayes, United Technologies Corp.
Marillyn Hewson, Lockheed Martin Corp.
Jeffrey Immelt, General Electric Co.
Jim Kamsickas, Dana Inc.
Rich Kyle, Timken Co.
Thea Lee, AFL-CIO
Denise Morrison, Campbell Soup
Dennis Muilenburg, Boeing Co.
Doug Oberhelman, Caterpillar Inc.
Michael Polk, Newell Brands
Mark Sutton, International Paper
Inge Thulin, 3M Co.
Richard Trumka, AFL-CIO
Wendell Weeks, Corning

1 Like

Who’s he going to replace them with?

Larry, Curley and Ho?

His family?

Putin?

Organized crime figures?

The couch sitters on Fox n friends?

Madam of the National Association of Russian Piss Hookers?

2 Likes

As my mother used to say “That man has no shame!”

Another one just bailed… American Manufacturing Council? That’s gonna leave a mark…

Trump’s missive came shortly before another member of the council, Scott Paul, president of the Alliance for American Manufacturing trade group, announced that he was stepping down as well.

4 Likes

Exactly. These guys do more business in a month than Trump has in his entire life. They run huge complex organizations rather than hoarding family assets and are actually accountable to Boards and shareholders–two things Trump never has been. Oh yeah, they actually make stuff they then successfully sell to consumers, more things Trump has never done.

Walmart CEO just denounced 45

4 Likes

Trump needs to be removed from office.

5 Likes

When is Putin finally bailing on Trump?

And then there were four:
fourth business leader resigned Tuesday from President Donald Trump’s White House jobs council in the latest sign that corporate America’s romance with Trump is faltering following his equivocal original response to violence by white supremacists in Charlottesville, Virginia.

The parade of departing leaders now includes the chief executives for Merck, Under Armour and Intel and now the president of the Alliance for American Manufacturing.

Alliance president Scott Paul, in a tweet, said simply, “I’m resigning from the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative because it’s the right thing for me to do.” Within minutes of the tweet, calls to Paul’s phone were being sent to voicemail.

Corporate leaders have been willing to work with Trump on taxes, trade and reducing regulations, but they’ve increasingly found themselves grappling with cultural and social divides amid his lightning rod-style of leadership. The CEOs who left the council quickly faced his wrath.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article167225907.html#storylink=cpy

2 Likes

We could use demiheminanoseconds and it would still sit on zero.

2 Likes

Exactly. Corporate America is allergic to controversy. The more customers, clients and investors they potentially offend and alienate by being put on the hot spot by Trump the more they’ll distance themselves from him. What they really hate and fear is unpredictability which makes a mercurial showboat like Trump their worst nightmare.

1 Like

Here’s what I see. Persons A of some principles standing up for those principles and knowing when to take a stand against what is wrong. Another person X of no principles not having the remotest of ideas that there are principles, let alone something to stand up for.

Keep an eye open for who remains and who might join. They would share the lack of principles or person X.

Kaitlin, please have one or two people proofread your articles before posting.

The lunacy just got worse…his disasterous press conference just ended…this man has no moral instincts or sense of reason.

1 Like

But if they lose the Nazis they can’t win either.
And they are all well aware of that fact.

A real quandary. Couldn’t happen to a ‘better’ group of people.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available