Discussion: Trump Admin To Propose Merger Of Education And Labor Departments

You know, if I thought this would be an active and positive collaboration between education and labor to ensure that our students would be properly educated to take the jobs that are wanting, I’d be happy about this.

The only thing good about this, as someone above said, is maybe we get rid of DeVos.

Sad.

2 Likes

If Arizona is like Florida, the funding cuts were accompanied by phone banks with undergraduates hounding alumni for money.

4 Likes

Today, boys and pleasure units, we will be learning how to cut and sew Lust Object’s Fall line. Remember! Due to cutbacks forced by the EVIL Democrat horde, we had to remove the safety guards from the sewing machines to be able to afford Dear Leader’s afternoon Big Mac supply, so sew safe!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, a forward thinking admin might make more of a push for Vocational ed and apprenticeship programs as an add-on but no reason that couldn’t exist under the current Dept.of Ed.

5 Likes

Why not Dept of Workhouses? Makes the name more efficient, you know.

5 Likes

There is general and grant funding that now comes from both agencies to support K-12 and post-secondary education and research, as well as career readiness. This goes to K-12 schools, vocational schools, community colleges, 4-year degree colleges and research universities. I’m going to bet that the merger proposal is accompanied by a proposed decrease in both grant and general funding for education, training and re-training programs across the board, to say nothing of enforcement of laws and regulations. And let’s continue to limit immigration, including the highly trained and those who seek an education here. Let’s strive for less educated, less trained, less prepared individuals. As long as we’re shrinking U.S. leadership in the world, we might as well limit our ability to compete intellectually and economically. #MAGA indeed.

8 Likes

Yes, they could get rid of that nasty liberal arts education that hopefully
teaches people how to think for themselves.

4 Likes

The “Kingdom of God” that DeVos wants to bring to public education?

1 Like

At least it will make the transition to Re-education/Work Camps much smoother.

2 Likes

Of those two I’d say that the poodle skirt one is the less insane, not because I agree with it mind, but because of how integral “electronics” are to a modern campus. I mean how is it possible to be that clueless of the role computers play in the modern world? It is on a level with bitching about schools using these new fangled electric light bulbs instead of proper whale oil lamps.

2 Likes

Faith based (re)education camps coming soon to a neighborhood near you!

6 Likes

It’s gonna take so many years to fix all this damage. It’s hard to believe, but it seems to increase on a daily basis. Like each day brings more damage (literally measurable damage). SMH…

I honestly didn’t think he could do this much damage so quickly. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

I remember that, it was basically 10-15 minutes of anti-drug PSAs and millitary recruitment ads interspersed with fluff news pieces.

2 Likes

I have a theory that the Republicans hated the out-spoken youth of the nation (in the 60s) and felt that they had been educated in a way that supported critical thinking…which led to demonstrations, etc. That’s why the Rs started gutting public education.

The Right wing only wants kids who can memorize data for stupid testing program. EACH and EVERY Child Left Behind.

4 Likes

When you hand the reins of power to all three branches to a hard core, corporatist, conservative, closed-minded party…it’s not really surprising. Plus, it really is a strategy…if you simultaneously start fires everywhere (No matter large or small), eventually no one can control the flames.

6 Likes

Combine the agencies, fire redundant positions, kill agency budget, now it’s small enough to drown in a bathtub.

5 Likes

Let’s merge State, Defense, and Justice and rename it the Department of Fascism.

4 Likes

Plus the subliminal stuff that you know they added in… someone had to pay for all those free TVs… to bad it looks like we are getting the bill now.

Agreed. I just thought with his lack of experience, coupled with being an ACTUAL FUCKING MORON, he wouldn’t be able to break too much stuff too quickly (looking at YOU Mr. Mueller). That’s turning out not to be true.

Granted the GOP wants to help him but they, too, are clueless as to how to govern. They could BARELY PASS a tax cut that they ALL wanted! It’s a three ring shitshow over there in congress.

And yet, the damage is being done little bit by little bit. Scary how many people are willing to help dismantle the republic.

I like the ‘starting little fires’ analogy. That is very apt.

1 Like

since she knows as much about labor as education she is the perfect trumpian fit for secretary.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available