Discussion: Trump Acknowledges Russia Meddling, Blames Obama For 'No Action'

The Mnuchin ‘Wedding’ scores for cold-blooded tastelessness as the GOP guts healthcare.
Looks like everyone but Karen got the memo…
And, the lovely bride appears to be scanning the room for exits not unlike the Prince Albert fiasco run-away bride wedding.

1 Like

I’d suggest expelling the Trump’s and send them back to Germany…but the German’s don’t take back traitors after they’ve been expelled. Maybe Russia will take them off our hands!

Obama choked for 8 years:

• He refused to restore Glass-Steagall and to throw the crooked bankers in jail…to appease the Republicans and the right

• He refused to follow through on reversing the unfunded Bush tax cuts for the rich…to appease to the Republicans and the rich he even extended them beyond their planned expiration (worse than Bush on that one)

• He refused to push single payer healthcare under Medicare for all…and instead he let Max Baucus put the insurance companies in charge with guaranteed profits. To appease Republicans and the right.

• He refused to enforce anti-trust laws and allowed America to lose millions of jobs to industry consolidation and monopoly control. Like the Clinton’s, Obama is a corporatist which means he like Republicans and hates labor.

• He refused to push for same sex marriages and only came around after the populous made it clear it wanted the discrimination to end. He chocked.

• He refused to allow the intelligence agencies to show that Cheney & Bush lied…so now we have Trump getting public support to deny his collusion with Russia. Obama choked!

Obama was a choke artist…lots of pretty rhetoric and nothing to show for it! He is much more of a Republican like the Clinton’s than even George Bush!

Obama…a very weak President with NO spine. Now we have Rump.

You never tire of posting total bullshit.

Presidents don’t “restore” legislation—and the “crooked bankers” didn’t do anything illegal under laws of the time, and presidents cannot legally throw anyone in jail.

Why would he jeopardize the passage of the ACA by pushing for something that was not going to pass Congress under any circumstances? Unlike you, Obama is not blinded by ideology.

That is a deliberate set of lies, and indicative of the damage you do by wearing your ideological blinders.

How much is Putin paying you to post this insipid swill?

3 Likes

Thank you I was about to post the exact same responses. Total BS is exactly what that post was.

1 Like

I’m surprised he didn’t blame it on Hillary’s emails.

3 Likes

Would you really lob a nuke at your BFF donnie? Really? Just cuz the elections were “rigged”? (to use your words)
Donne you said the election was rigged, remember?
We placed sanctions on certain people, kicked out diplomats, closed a Russian spy compound, and scolded Putin to his face. Any thing else and you would have whined that Obama was helping Hillary to win.

1 Like

Oh good grief.

3 Likes

Liar and Dissembler in Chief

To me, this is actually one of the bigger keys that there was absolutely collusion between Trump (not just his campaign) and Putin.

Putin and Trump both expected Obama to react when Russian hacking was exposed. Trump was literally priming the pump for that during the final month or so of the campaign…“Its rigged”. That was the plan, if caught, call it rigged, destroy confidence in the electoral process and discredit Hillary before she even takes the Oath. But against everyone’s expectations, including Trump’s, he won the election.

I’ve read several books on this, followed it as it happened of course, but it’s on the Web now and in a couple of docs, and the mind reels that 900 people went more or less willingly to their deaths drinking poisoned Kool-Aid. House representative from CA Jackie Speier was on the trip as a congressional aide, she was wounded in a shoot out, and immediately after that the call for suicide began because Jones knew his operations was going to be shut down. .

Terrible, tyrannical, treacherous, thief, he’s got the best words.

Slate recently ran an article defending President Obama’s response to the Russian interference.

1 Like

I’d like to suggest we take a different tack - and start calling Trump, Ryan, McConnell, et. al. what they are - RINOs - Republicans in name only.

Republicans like to call themselves “The party of Lincoln” - and we should point out what that actually means…

Lincoln left the Whig party and became a founding member of the Republican Party because he felt the Whig leadership pandered to wealthy special interests at the expense of the people that they were elected to represent.

Lincoln opposed slavery and never would have accepted the right-wing’s nostalgia for the Confederacy - he supported a strong Union.

Lincoln was pro-science and technology - the first transcontinental railroad was built during his watch, as was the first ironclad. And he supported the adoption of new technologies like the telegraph and mass production.

And look at other historic Republicans - Teddy Roosevelt founded the national park system and broke up the big monopolies, and Nixon founded the EPA. And would Eisenhower or Reagan ever voted against the GI Bill? Or embraced the likes of Putin at our democracy’s expense?

Ryan & company should constantly be asked why they call themselves Republicans when they are seeking to tear down almost everything of worth that party has accomplished in the last 150 years.

2 Likes

My hat is off to you on that.

1 Like

Actually, someone at TPM should be posting that on the front side.

1 Like

Sadly, they can call themselves anything they like. Who would honestly contest them anymore? There is no one to stand up to them in any way, shape or form.

And they truly don’t care what we think of them. They are in power and are having their way, slowly but surely.

By “no action” does he mean the sanctions that Obama imposed on Russia that Trump’s boys promised he’d rescind; or does Trump mean the Russian diplomatic property that Obama confiscated, that Trump is trying to return?

If the Russians thought the American political parties would take a time out from beating each other up to jointly address a serious threat from a foreign government they never would have dared to do this. They knew that bipartisan cooperation, no matter how much they jacked with the election, was not possible. We’d probably just bicker amongst ourselves over how and why and not focus on the fact the Russian Government, under the order of it’s president, Vladimir Putin, hacked a our democratic machinery with the intent of harming it. And Russia was right. They had our number because we gave it to them.

I doubt any of it goes anywhere. Yeah…yeah…yeah Muellers’s a stand up guy but I just don’t think he’ll lower the boom on a Republican President and cough up impeachment level findings. Even if there.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available