Discussion: Trump Acknowledges Russia Meddling, Blames Obama For 'No Action'

Not only that but he also didn’t have any time apparently to continue the two decade long tradition of US Presidents at the White House holding an iftar or Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan because he’s too busy hating on Muslims to rise above his own personal bigotry and of those around him he surrounds himself with.

No, that’s Alito’s goal.

This from the POS who was asking Russia publicly to expose Hillary’s thousands of emails (yet another lie) during one of the debates. The present complaint about Obama not doing anything has a genuine “stop me before I kill again” quality to it.

It is just incredible that this delusional, pathological traitor is President.

1 Like

Maybe this is part of auditioning to be Dersh’s client.
He has to be even more outrageous, even more obviously guilty than OJ.

Our fake president has finally found someone to blame. Now he can be excused for doing nothing.

2 Likes

Did Trump also expect Obama to reprimand him for begging the Russians to hack Hillary Clinton? That would have gone over really well.

2 Likes

He also wants to make supporting a woman’s right to choose optional for Democrats. Next desegregation will be optional.

Does he have some right wing funding? That’s amazing.

1 Like

Well, obviously. What’s the main job of the president, as far as Donald knows?

Obama issued exactly zero tweets on the subject of Russian interference. In a single tweetstorm, Donald’s already outworked Obama 3-0. Winning!

Drumpf can not get over himself…Lying sack of rotting dung…

LOWEST COMMON DENOMONATOR…

How many days before he tweets that Hillary was colluding with Putin—probably mentioning the uranium deal again.
Did you know that Russia has almost no uranium of its own? Neither does Kazakhstan, the world’s largest producer! Hillary’s behavior was a scandal!

Another official WH statement

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/878947806442119168

1 Like

The following is off-topic, but it significant in its content and its source. The writer/author of this is a guy who worked on the Ossoff campaign in GA-6 and he has come away with the following input as a result of his time on the campaign. He’s right: this is what we should be focusing on:

Confessions of a Jon Ossoff GA-6 volunteer
I volunteered for over 5 weeks through the end of Jon’s “jungle primary” in April. That was his best chance to win this seat. And I have a confession to make.
First, I deeply regret that our country lost in Tuesday’s GA-6 run-off. Another Trump “rubber stamper” is headed to DC. But, we can quickly turn this around in 2018.
Here is an initial short article from the Huffington Post that explains some reasons why Jon failed: “…Ossoff has taken a more moderate route, emphasizing his commitment to bipartisanship, reducing federal spending and investing in high-tech jobs. He has hardly mentioned Trump. Ossoff even went out of his way to disavow single-payer health insurance coverage and rule out increasing taxes for the rich.”
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5949ad73e4b0177d0b8a4c46
What the article doesn’t cover is reports of Democratic voter suppression. The major news sources have not covered the story, so I don’t know what to think.
Electoral-vote.com, a polling analysis site, noted a Cook Political Report that proves Dem success in the five special election campaigns (KS-4, MT, SC-7, and two GA-6) have been, and how reflective they are of Democrats finally waking up. This analysis runs counter to a large number of headlines and articles about the Dems losing 4 straight, the Dems being crushed, that Pelosi should resign (different issue for a different day), the Dems being in disarray, etc.
Don’t believe the negative “click bait,” even when it comes from reliable sources. It’s just pundits pouring out paragraphs for pay.
Here’s how the numbers actually played out, with the + recording the increase in Dem voters measured against the PVI (Partisan Voting Index, a measure of how blue or red a district is), followed by the actual percentage of Dem votes at the special elections:
KS-4 = +12 (47%)
GA-6 (primary) = +7 (49%)
MT-AL = +8 (47%)
GA-6 (run-off) = +6 (48%)
SC-5 = +7 (48%)
Pretty impressive, huh? Jon missed winning that seat by a mere 1%-- when I was volunteering in the “jungle primary.” Jon literally lost ground in the run-off (which I missed because of family matters in OR).
So, three races lost because of under-resourcing. The poor guy in KS-4 couldn’t even get a lousy $20,000 from the Kansas State Democratic Party for mailers; they were pissed because their hand-picked anti-abortion Democrat (?) lost in their primary, and one race lost despite Herculean over-resourcing (maybe $30M for Jon). IMHO, the Dems would have performed better if they’d shared their donations among the four races.
This next comment is IMPORTANT. Part of what these results show is that there are a substantial number of Dems in these “deep red” districts and states. All of those angry Dems who talk of seceding from the Union or simply abandoning “red states” are simply wrong. These states are winnable and they have tons of Dems whose rights need protecting and who should not be abandoned. The next time someone posts about leaving the Union, show them the above numbers.
I’ll note one big observation from the Huffington article—Jon refused to run against Trump (I saw this very quickly once I arrived in GA to help and read their volunteer script). However, most of the money that poured into the campaign, both inside GA and from the rest of the angry country, was about Resistance to Trump, not some massive concern for the quality of life in the GA-6 (a very wealthy white-flight area north of Atlanta).
I was very concerned with the decision not to run against the damage that Trump was causing, and the threat of even greater damage in the future (based in no small part on Trump selecting cabinet officers that had zero knowledge of their departments and/or were on the record as opposed their departments’ missions). I expressed my concern in a private conversation with one of his senior staffers, and later reiterated myself in an e-mail to him that offered a handful of alternate key message examples, based on my nearly 20 years experience in communication. I never heard back about my suggestions, but clearly they weren’t embraced.
My STRONG advice to every Democratic candidate—run HARD against Trump and the policies/values of the Republican Party—even in “red states.” Make their Republican opponents own their horrible words and policy positions. Swing moderate Republicans by forcing them to confront the hypocrisy and cruelty of their Party.
Candidates –

1. Focus specifically on the issues: wasted spending (Trump, Wall, Defense, etc.), the treason with Russia, the threats to/violations of civil/human rights, the fascism, the cruelty of the loss of health insurance, the hatred of minorities, the attacks on the First Amendment, and the incitement to violence, etc.
  2. QUOTE the Republicans endlessly—they seem determined to embrace and publicize the very worst in human beliefs and behaviors—make them live with their unchristian claims and threats.
  3. Remind voters of Trump’s lies, from claiming that he already had a plan to defeat ISSI (including claiming that he knew more than American generals) to claiming that his health care plan would be better, cheaper and cover 100% of Americans. You can choose from hundreds of other lies. Call them lies. If Trump can lie, Democratic candidates can call him a liar.
  4. Tie their opponents to Trump. Be a “broken record” about it. Make sure that every voter knows that any Republican candidate will be a Trump “rubber stamp.” A vote for any Republican office holder, regardless of the level, is a vote for Trump and Trump’s values! You could actually make a campaign simply about Trump’s twisted values.
  5. Don’t go leftist and promise the moon (e.g., do not offer free education when we can’t even fully fund the life-or-death health care needs of 100% of Americans or promise to make rich people into poor people, and don’t EVER utter this word: Revolution).
  6. Encourage voters to make sure that they can vote. Be honest about voter suppression and intimidation. Use every campaign event to push that message, but particularly train your volunteers and field organizers to raise this issue. There are plenty of ways to phrase key messages to inform and encourage.
    So, I CONFESS that I did not use the official Ossoff campaign messages. When they were willing to engage, I challenged the Republicans to defend their Party’s extremism** and warned of the dangers of their policies— and had some success. With Democratic or “Independent” voters, again I focused on Republican extremism (and, of course, the need to vote)—and had lots of success motivating them to vote and even volunteer.
    The truth was and is a powerful weapon. In 2018, candidates and canvassers need to speak the truth to Republican and undecided voters. My experiences on canvass convince me that this is the way to success.
    Resisters have shown what CAN be done. In 2018, we will do the hard work to sweep away these vile legislators to stop them from hurting innocent Americans.
    ** My favorite opening line was to ask: “Is this your Republican Party?” I was amused by how often they said “no” or just looked depressed. I would often follow up with “Is this the Party of Reagan?” I don’t think I ever tried “Is this the party of Lincoln,” mostly because I shudder to include The Great Emancipator with the current Party of Fascism, Racism, Sexism, Homophobia—and Treason.

@tena
@pluckyinky
@irasdad
@littlegirlblue
@centralasiaexpat
@ralph_vonholst
@leftcoaster
@snafubar
@spencersmom
@thunderhawk
@srfromgr
@dannysgrandma

If any of you are on Facebook, there is a page called Project Avalanche, where this comes from. Typically very good stuff.

7 Likes

I can’t wait for the next tweet from rump:

So called Presdietn rump will accuse Obama and Biden and AG Lynch and his NSA team and his campaign manager and all his business associates of colluding with Putin to defeat Hillary.

Narcissism is a serious mental illness in extreme cases like we have Trump and early indications are his two oldest boys as well. With qualified intervention, Baron Von Trump might be saved from following in the footsteps of his father, grandfather, and especially Frederic who was expelled from Germany (dodging his military service and TAXES!) and brought their gene pool to the US. The Trump family story is all too familiar and all too similar to the Koch’s…who were booted from Austria.

The US needs immigration reform…we need to prevent future Trumps and future Koch’s from finding save haven in the US to spread their hatred, bigotry, and white nationalism. White alt-right extremists are our #2 threat with Russia and Putin being #1!

Or will he deny that he ever said that. Seems his standard MO.

McConnell has always been party over country and even more than that he’s always been: McConnell over country. I truly hope his career ends soon and in total disgrace. Can’t think of anyone, even trump, who deserves it more because he has been at this far longer than trump has.

1 Like

A bit OT, but too good not to post.

5 Likes

Asshole

1 Like

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available