Discussion: Trump Acknowledges Russia Meddling, Blames Obama For 'No Action'

Chao was Labor Secretary years ago, during the bush regime I believe, and at that time I had a friend who was the president of a pretty big union, headquarters in D.C., and she dreaded having to deal with Chao. Double talk, obfuscation, just crap and no cooperation ever.

8 Likes

I think the story will continue to evolveā€¦

OK, so they did it and Trump/staff might have helped. No big deal. Itā€™s all Obamaā€™s fault anyway.

Well, they did it, and Trump/staff definitely helped, but no big deal. Itā€™s all Obamaā€™s fault.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Have you noticed that sheā€™s been quiet, too quiet.

4 Likes

Sharpening her knives.

2 Likes

1 Like
President Donald Trump acknowledged Russian meddling in the 2016 election and criticized the Obama administration for not doing more to respond to it on Friday night and again Saturday afternoon.

I donā€™t see how the Obama administration, which no longer exists, could have responded to anything on Friday night or Saturday afternoon.

4 Likes

Well he is responsible now and canā€™t weasel out of it. The country is watching and the pressure is on. No more oval office chats and disclosures.

2 Likes

This wasnā€™t a theoretical claim, either. McConnell directly threatened the President with this.

14 Likes

Oops - replied above with a link to the same article (The Post bombshell is behind a paywall, but itā€™s linked and you can always view it in private mode btw).

Putin is a known quantity. Any miscalculation by the Obama administration was underestimating how corrupted and anti-American the GOP sell-outs were willing to become. I donā€™t think anyone fully realized just how bad it was until Trump took power, or, perhaps, until after a couple of months with no sign of ā€œpivotā€.

5 Likes

He has to tread lightly, they have already given him the ā€œdo what we say or elseā€ talk.

1 Like

Heā€™s easy to manipulate, though. Itā€™s not like he consumes a wide variety of news from a range of sources. He has his aides print out a few things and circle the relevant sentences with a sharpie, and he watches Fox and Friends. Just whisper the right words in his ear, and heā€™ll say what you need. Jared, Iā€™m looking at you.

1 Like

You mean thereā€™s another, worse schmuck to come? No thanks. We have schumckenuf now.

3 Likes

Heā€™s so goddamned hell-bent on erasing literally every law Obama signed, every policy Obama promoted, every person Obama appointed, everything Obama ever did - maybe out of spite he should do something big about the Russian interference now!

3 Likes

He desperately wanted Elaine Chao to get a cabinet position one more time.

1 Like

Turn about is fair play I think. The Conservatives have been flinging cutsie and derisive names at liberals for many moons. I hated the slow blending of phrases like Leftist into the discussion, bringing in a vibe that had nothing to do with us. This time, it is their turn and unfortunately, too much of it is may be true.

2 Likes

So Drumpf realizes heā€™s not up to the job and is now blaming Obama? Will someone on Twitter please go posit that to this moron?

1 Like

Trump is preparing his supporters to accept that there was Russian interference, that he knew about it, benefited from it, and colluded with Russians, and theyā€™ll think itā€™s ok.

Trump has unwittingly drawn attention to his own conspiracy. He had knowledge of what Russia was doing because he, Pence and Flynn received security briefings throughout the election. He also coordinated his messaging from the stump with themes laid out by Russia through Wikileaks and other fake news. He asked Russia to help hack HRCā€™s emails, knowing fully well that they did in fact hack the DNC. He threw Russia a lot of policy carrots, and stayed true to them when HRC attacked his Russia connections in debate 3.

We also know that there were multiple contacts between members of his team and Russia throughout 2016. The FBI is also looking at whether the Trump campaign used hacked/stolen data. So itā€™s very possible (and I would say a near certainty) that Russia communicated Putinā€™s directive directly to Trump independent of CIA intelligence reports.

This is yet another aspect of where Flynn is pivotal to Trump. Flynn kept the contacts up and may have been giving Russia secret info as to what the CIA knew or didnā€™t know. This wouldā€™ve helped Russia to choose with methods and areas to focus on to avoid easy or immediate detection.

Trump has now opened up the collusion front.

8 Likes

The tweets should be taking effectā€¦

5 Likes

Trumpā€™s the preantepenultimate schmuck, next comes antepenultimate Pence. Then penultimate schmuck, Ryan, Then, if necessary, the pro tempore ultimate schmuck, Orrin Hatch.

Believe me. Itā€™ll be good.

Addendum. What a fucking revolting development this all is!

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available