Discussion: Trump Acknowledges Russia Meddling, Blames Obama For 'No Action'

Liar and Dissembler in Chief

To me, this is actually one of the bigger keys that there was absolutely collusion between Trump (not just his campaign) and Putin.

Putin and Trump both expected Obama to react when Russian hacking was exposed. Trump was literally priming the pump for that during the final month or so of the campaign…“Its rigged”. That was the plan, if caught, call it rigged, destroy confidence in the electoral process and discredit Hillary before she even takes the Oath. But against everyone’s expectations, including Trump’s, he won the election.

I’ve read several books on this, followed it as it happened of course, but it’s on the Web now and in a couple of docs, and the mind reels that 900 people went more or less willingly to their deaths drinking poisoned Kool-Aid. House representative from CA Jackie Speier was on the trip as a congressional aide, she was wounded in a shoot out, and immediately after that the call for suicide began because Jones knew his operations was going to be shut down. .

Terrible, tyrannical, treacherous, thief, he’s got the best words.

Slate recently ran an article defending President Obama’s response to the Russian interference.

1 Like

I’d like to suggest we take a different tack - and start calling Trump, Ryan, McConnell, et. al. what they are - RINOs - Republicans in name only.

Republicans like to call themselves “The party of Lincoln” - and we should point out what that actually means…

Lincoln left the Whig party and became a founding member of the Republican Party because he felt the Whig leadership pandered to wealthy special interests at the expense of the people that they were elected to represent.

Lincoln opposed slavery and never would have accepted the right-wing’s nostalgia for the Confederacy - he supported a strong Union.

Lincoln was pro-science and technology - the first transcontinental railroad was built during his watch, as was the first ironclad. And he supported the adoption of new technologies like the telegraph and mass production.

And look at other historic Republicans - Teddy Roosevelt founded the national park system and broke up the big monopolies, and Nixon founded the EPA. And would Eisenhower or Reagan ever voted against the GI Bill? Or embraced the likes of Putin at our democracy’s expense?

Ryan & company should constantly be asked why they call themselves Republicans when they are seeking to tear down almost everything of worth that party has accomplished in the last 150 years.

2 Likes

My hat is off to you on that.

1 Like

Actually, someone at TPM should be posting that on the front side.

1 Like

Sadly, they can call themselves anything they like. Who would honestly contest them anymore? There is no one to stand up to them in any way, shape or form.

And they truly don’t care what we think of them. They are in power and are having their way, slowly but surely.

By “no action” does he mean the sanctions that Obama imposed on Russia that Trump’s boys promised he’d rescind; or does Trump mean the Russian diplomatic property that Obama confiscated, that Trump is trying to return?

If the Russians thought the American political parties would take a time out from beating each other up to jointly address a serious threat from a foreign government they never would have dared to do this. They knew that bipartisan cooperation, no matter how much they jacked with the election, was not possible. We’d probably just bicker amongst ourselves over how and why and not focus on the fact the Russian Government, under the order of it’s president, Vladimir Putin, hacked a our democratic machinery with the intent of harming it. And Russia was right. They had our number because we gave it to them.

I doubt any of it goes anywhere. Yeah…yeah…yeah Muellers’s a stand up guy but I just don’t think he’ll lower the boom on a Republican President and cough up impeachment level findings. Even if there.

you have a lot to learn about how things actually work.

Be cause they are modern Republicans. The "party of Lincoln stuff, often used by the GOP to cast themselves as they were then, is a not a meaningful argument. The GOP and Dixie Democrats came to a crossroads over desegregation 65 years ago. The Democratic party unified under the Northern party ideals and the GOP was split. The Dixiecrat Segregationists became GOP’ers joining the Rockefeller, Goldwater and WF Buckley Republicans. Nixon solidified the meld by making the Southern GOP’ers appealing to the rest as a sure formula for a majority.

The GOP has been drifting to the right ( although I’m not sure Right is the correct word ) for a long time. They don’t really embrace racism but they aren’t it’s enemy like the Democrats are so racists found a home in the GOP. They claim to disavow white supremacists but no way like the Democrats do so again…those folks found a home in the GOP. Nut cases and conspiracy idiots find the GOP a good fit as well.

That’s the modern GOP. There’s still some legacy there in guys like Mitch McConnell and Jeff Sessions but the modern GOP is typified by guys like Ted Cruz, Kobach and Luny Gohmert. Trump’s no republican…he’s a Trump. The new guys are nothing like the old guys. So you can’t bring up the old guys ( pre seg era ) and refer to what they were about as germane today.

Your a bit out of your element in here. Probably a good idea to go back from where you came. To suggest Obama has nothing to show for his administration is just so damn off the mark it’;s hard to believe even an idiot would say it. You do give yourself away with it though.

1 Like

Trump has done enough meddling himself! Doesn’t the Espionage Act cover giving secret information to agents of a foreign government? What were they doing in their intelligence briefings with Michael Flynn present? Chelsea Manning got 35 years for sharing secret information! Hell, squeeze Flynn and you should get all you need about meddling!

Donald can complain about everything but never ever has a solution.

I believe Trump’s inconsistent statements are good evidence he was involved in the collusion. Yertel McTurtle’s sandbagging Merrick Garland proves he was in on it, too. No way would he have pulled that expecting a Clinton presidency.

1 Like

I think it would be a lot of fun to see Stephen Cobert start running with the idea that Ryan, etc are RINOs - Or perhaps Rachael Maddow…

1 Like

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available