Discussion: Trade War Fears Grow As Trump Weighs Slapping Big Tariffs On Chinese Imports

So I wonder what their vetting process is like?

1 Like

Trade wars are even easier to lose.

5 Likes

As if Melania would get on that chopper with him.

6 Likes

I thought it was Ivanka.

4 Likes

No worriesā€”I hear trade wars are good and easy to win.

Seriously, Iā€™m like his baseā€”most of my professional gear comes from China, thereā€™s something in transit from Shenzhen right now to me, and thisā€™ll hurt me. Itā€™ll hurt everyone. And the folks it hurts might even notice this time.

6 Likes

The folks it will really hurt is farmers. The Chinese will tax US farm products, which they can rightly claim we subsidize unfairly.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a consolation that Mitch and Paul et al. are tearing their hair out right now. Not much of a consolation. But some.

3 Likes

I have an uncle who has been a farmer his entire life. He is also a rare Democrat in an otherwise very red county. Heā€™ll get hurt along with everyone else because his neighbors are a bunch of fucking idiots who thought The Donald gave a ratā€™s ass about them.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Slap tariffs on Chinese goods. Yeah? Good idea?? Welp maybe trump could be convinced to smack a hornetā€™s nest with a stick cuz heā€™s so smart.

3 Likes

Well, this may hafta be my new lap top wall paper.

1 Like

As much stuff as there is that is actually done, that can be reported onā€¦Trump has done an amazing job of milking the media into dropping each one to run with another story of ā€œhe is considering Xā€. Well over half donā€™t ever happen (According to these weeks ā€œstoriesā€, basically every Senior staffer should be fired tonight. And yes, that story was used to immediately drop the actual story of Tillerson being fired).

2 Likes

Steel and aluminum tariffs werenā€™t enough?

1 Like

Everyone Must Get Nude, is what it was :grinning:

2 Likes

The Chamber still has their fingers crossed that heā€™s going to pivotā€¦

1 Like

Bastards at the Chamber of Commerce are going to learn that there are worse things than high taxes and not been able to screw your employees, and Trump is proposing all of them.

4 Likes

Taxes in America havenā€™t been high for more than 30 years.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s sure going to disrupt the business plans for Marshallā€™s, the Dollar Tree and Walmart.

2 Likes

Chinese steel and aluminum amount to only 2% of our imports. Trump thought he was going to fool people but got caught. This is just his next ploy to offset that bobo and it wonā€™t result in anyone being fooled either. Putin wonā€™t let Trump hurt any dictatorial communist countryā€¦or end up being mysteriously gassed, poisoned or strangled on a golf course.

1 Like

That one has to go up over the fake one he displays at his golf courses.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available