Discussion: The Voter Purge Crusade That Preceded Trump's Sketchy Elections Commission

Republicans are an Evil People who must be DESTROYED!

2 Likes

While Trump diverts everyone’s attention to his Nazi remarks, his minions are quietly doing away with our elections just as Putin has instructed him.

3 Likes

Voter registraion is becoming much too complicated, and new voters are no longer the onlyissue… the new chore is recertifying EXISTING voters who have been purged, or just making certain they have NOT been mysteriously and surreptitiously purged…

Will THIS kind of voter registration even be legal now?

COUNT THE VOTE!

Canadian style hand count, right along with the electronics and hanging chads, it can be done ANYWHERE, and must be done EVERYWHERE or they really may have destroyed our democracy forever.

11 Likes

One forgets how dangerous it was for those working to pass and then implement the Voter’s Right Act. With the Koch Brothers’ Nazi president now in charge, it’s going to be even worse.

The Roberts Supreme Court conservative majority may have declared that we now live in a Post Racial America, but it’s pretty obvious after this weekend that John Roberts is a better liar than even Trump.

8 Likes

After watching the Vice documentary and reading this article, a deadly White Nationalist cancer is growing in this country and if we do not cut it out, our nation is about to be consumed.
Hurry up Robert Mueller, hurry up…

6 Likes

Trump’s concept of voter fraud:
Anyone with a surname ending in “-ez” shall be considered ineligible to vote unless proven otherwise.

2 Likes

This voter purge issue is huge and maybe part of a bigger plan.
I don’t know much about the early years of Hitler’s rise to power back in the 1930’s, but it may be that d.t. and his nationalist west wing team are plotting the same path. If the two Generals, currently on his staff were to resign, then t.p. (who now admits he is a racist) would fill those positions with additional far-right men.
I’m thinking about what Bill Maher said recently.
“He wants to be a dictator, and it may be hard to get him removed from office”

I hope someone at TPM reads this and does a little research…

3 Likes

With each passing day, one can only conclude that there would be no difference between Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump.

2 Likes

FYI you cannot register to vote at your business address. That is probably why you were removed from the register. I have worked at election offices and seen officials look up registration addresses and cancel them if they were business addresses. This is a common fraud used by people who want to vote in a district other than where they live.

tl;dr: you were committing voter fraud.

Can anyone tell me how a Presidential commission designed to lesson participation in the democratic process will result in a stronger democracy?

Can anyone explain to me how the government-sponsored preclusion of the right to vote will strengthen our rights as American citizens?

Can anyone explain to me how the exercise of our Constitutional rights can be considered a crime?

The right to vote was deliberately left as a matter for states to govern. How can a Federally appointed Commission legally have superior jurisdiction over all 50 States individual voting laws?

1 Like

This group is made up of voter suppression all-stars from all across the country - this should be a top storyall across the media but I only seem to be hearing about it on TPM and a few other left leaning web sites and podcasts. I guarantee you this - low information voters in my circle (includes most of my extended family and a lot of my acquaintances) seem to have never actually heard about it until I bring it up. The kind of undermining, bribery and fixing that can be done in broad daylight in this country never fails to astound me.

5 Likes

Sounds to me like this group is actively pursuing voter intimidation (be it individual voters or those that manage voter registration rolls) which is illegal. Another group of GOPers that needs to be locked up.

4 Likes

Their statement that they have no preconceived opinions is pretty amusing, Electoral shenanigans were looked at starting in 2002, while the Drunken Frat Boy was in the Big Chair. After five years of screaming widespread voter fraud, what did the Department of Justice come up with?

120 people over five years.

120 out of millions of voters.

MILLIONS.

I don’t know WHAT the percentage is of normal voters that would be but I DO know the answer would include a decimal point and a whole lotta zeroes in it. Even worse for them, out of that 120 people only 86 were convicted.

Less that 100. THIS is a severe problem? Where?

Eighty-six people out of millions is not the widespread voter fraud the GOP is hysterical over. These are isolated instances on the scale of immigrants filling the paperwork out wrong because they don’t understand English all that well, or felons so unfamiliar with voting that they don’t even realize they are not eligible to register, or old folks who have voted at location A for decades and who never knew that their polling place was switched to location B four months ago.

GOP Cocksuckers do this kind of thing all the time. Sometimes on purpose. Back in 2011, there was a story where Ann Coulter had gotten into trouble for voting illegally in Florida and Connecticut in 2002 and 2008. An ex-boyfriend in the FBI helped her run out the statute of limitations in Florida but in Connecticut there is no statute of limitations. The state election commission took a look at the incident. Ann The Man was a constitutional attorney at the time, not some dishwasher who’d immigrated here from Islamabad three months ago, so pleading that she didn’t understand would be ‘right out,’ as the British say

Coulter got off on the Connecticut one too after an investigation by the commission that took 20-months to complete and an ignoring of a lot of the facts in the case–many of which were things Coulter admitted doing. You can find the particulars here: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=8124

Also, some of the people on this commission are getting another bite at the apple, when they already had one at least a decade ago. Van Spakovsky and Adams are vote suprressors from WAY back and Koback is INFAMOUS in Kansas on the subject. My database alone has 181 pages on him and it’s nowhere NEAR comprehensive.

6 Likes

This is not gonna work out well for you, dude.

Kobach was fined by a federal judge for a “pattern of misleading the court”. He cannot be allowed to disenfranchise any more American voters.

3 Likes

The voter suppression panel is damaged goods. It has zero credibility outside of the GOP and it’s white nationalist fellow travelers.

1 Like

Heinrick

Begat Nathan Thurm

Begat .von Spakovsky. Natural Evolution. Dude even looks evil

It should be the duty of the government to ensure that every eligible voter is registered to vote, and that information required to confirm their eligibility is gathered by the government and shared with the voter (so they can take it with them when they move). It is immoral for our system to allow people to be purged from the voting roll without strong guarantees that the voter is no longer eligible. The Republicans have been playing this game with voting for a very long time, and it’s long past time they were punished for it.

2 Likes

Hitler came to power on Jan. 30, 1933, after his Nazi party gained about 38% of the vote. Since this was not a majority, the decision on who was to form a government (parliamentary system) was up to the President, Paul Hindenburg. He chose Hitler, who formed a coalition with some smaller right-wing parties. With this majority he passed, within a few months, laws that effectively suspended the constitution of the Weimar Republic and allowed him to rule as a dictator. The rest, as they say, is history.

And she gave speeches!!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available