Discussion: Texas Sheriff' Deputy Shot 'Execution-Style' In Gas Station Ambush

Oh dear. This is a terrible story. The person of interest from the video camera appears to be a black man. I can just imagine the backlash

3 Likes

More detailed coverage at the Houston Chronicle. Seems that the suspect’s mother turned him in

2 Likes

The annals are full of grief for those minorities who believe that this type of thing is even worth contemplating.

This goes up and down the line…from murderous actions like this one to things that most people don’t even think about.

I remember moving into a neighborhood when I was younger in which I was the only Latino around. I understood that if I were to not keep up my property at least as well as my neighbors, I would incur some “there goes the neighborhood” vibe.

This can apply to jobs, positions and a host of other things.

Blacks in this particular locality are in a heightened state, to be sure.

8 Likes

This is so tragic. As is all the horrible gun violence. The news reporters. People unarmed being killed by police. Shooters in theaters and schools. Overwhelmingly depressing.

8 Likes

Gun Control…gun control…gun control…gun control…before its too late.

9 Likes

Obvious solution to problems like this: more guns everywhere!

2 Likes

Remove handguns from society. There are already too many-no need for more.

The pendulum was due to start it’s return arc eventually. You can’t have White cracker cops murdering unarmed Black men on a regular basis without expecting some bad repercussions. I feel for the deputy’s family, but Texas (and other states) cops have earned this kind of retribution. I fear it will not end here.

6 Likes

FALSE FLAG! This is impossible! He was armed! Guns give you that cloak of invincibility!

5 Likes

I can.

The police never come down on all whites when a white kills a cop. I am sure that they won’t retaliate against blacks who are not involved in this crime. Because there is no racism in America anymore.

3 Likes

There is never an excuse for violence. It was horrifying for a minority person to be stopped by a cop yesterday. Today it will be that much worse.

2 Likes

I would love to induce Clarence Thomas to test that maxim.

In the neighborhood of the shooting.

5 Likes

Seems like someone’s fighting back.

It’s too late.

2 Likes

310 million guns in America. It’s a bit to late I fear.

1 Like

I can imagine the heartbreak of his family as well.

1 Like

If only the victim had had one, this never would have happened.

5 Likes

Well . . .

I can hear the irrational push back from the anti-gun control crowd… “You gonna have ‘machete control’ too?”

There have been strict control laws in the UK since 1997.

Jun 11, 2015 - Express News UK

Moped gang hack London teen to death with machete in front of children

A quiet and polite teenager was hacked to death with a machete in broad daylight in front of horrified families in a playground.

~OGD~

1 Like

America has 5% of the world’s population, and 33% of the world’s mass shooting, done with 25% of the world’s guns.

It’s way past time for Americans to have a discussion about this—do we accept mass shootings every week as the new normal, or do we figure out how to regulate guns in a sensible manner so that there are fewer of them, in fewer hands, and so that the unstable, the domestic abuser, the criminal, and others who shouldn’t have them can’t get them easily, if at all.

I fear that Americans are too cowardly to deal with this—and not speaking up, especially by elected officials, is complicity in the violence.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available