Discussion: Ted Cruz Is Running For President

Uhhhh…CANADIAN.

McCain was born in the Canal Zone, which was a US Territory at the time. Teddy should have a much harder time having been born outside the US entirely, American mom or no.

Naturally because he’s a Republican, he won’t…but he should.

2 Likes

He’s about the last guy in the known universe you’d want to have a beer with, not to mention the vampire-style fishbelly-white skin and the kazoo-like voice.

Best Ted Cruz description ever.

8 Likes

“It’s a time for truth.” Ted Cruz would not know the truth if it bit him in his face . . . or any other part of his anatomy. Keep hawking the snake oil, Teddy!

2 Likes

Now, now. Birtherism is moronic, no matter which side of the clown car it’s coming from. You’re a “natural born” U.S. citizen if you’re born on U.S. soil or if at least one of your parents was a U.S. citizen. End of discussion.

There are only two types of U.S. citizen - “natural born” and “naturalized,” the latter involving meeting residency requirements, taking an exam, and being anointed by a judge. If you believe there’s some third type, please define it.

3 Likes

My prediction: He will become POTUS on the same day I become Pope.
You heard it here.

6 Likes

The Constitution states to become president one must be born in the United States of America. Ted Cruz from my understanding was born in Canada this makes him ineligible to be president.

I want to see his birth certificate.

3 Likes

We can expect to hear radio silence from the wingnutosphere about the birth certificate.

5 Likes

+2 on this being the best description ever. LoL’d.

4 Likes

Love the description as well. I’d add he has the disgusting perpetual sneer, like his finger just went through the toilet paper.

8 Likes

I am waiting for Birther-troll David Farrar to weigh in…

4 Likes

Actually, the Constitution says only a ‘natural born citizen’ can become President. If a parent is an American, even if he’s born in Canada, he’s still a ‘natural born citizen’.

That was the whole stupid thing about Obama’s birth certificate. He would be a natural born citizen even if he *ways8 born in Kenya. The other stupid part was thinking that in 1960 an 18 year old girl could fly from Hawaii to Kenya when she was 8 months and 3 weeks pregnant, have the baby and fly back to Hawaii when Barack was a week old. Assuming an 18 year old could come up with the money, there’s no paper trail or anyone remembering a very, very pregnant young white woman flying to Kenya, or returning from Kenya with a tiny, tiny, mixed baby.

5 Likes

Agreed. America likes its Republican leaders sunny, genial and somewhat dim. I guess Nixon would be the exception. Say what you like about W, and I’ve said a lot, he was quite the opposite of this unhinged fanatic.

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see which ridiculously wealthy billionaires are going to drop loads of cash on this pony’s nose. My guess is that the only ones that might do so are trust fund babies who inherited their wealth, because if they’re so frivolous with their money, they certainly aren’t smart enough to have earned it.

5 Likes

This is wonderful news! All across America the sound of popcorn popping blends with the sound of the birthers’ heads exploding.

It raises an interesting philosophical question: Will the birthers be forced to admit that all the anti-Obama birtherism was complete bullshit or will they fall back on the tried and true IOKIYAR justification?

4 Likes

Anyone who didn’t do so yet … read that Borowitz piece. It’s pretty glorious. All packed into about 6 or 8 sentences.

1 Like

All I can say is: this is excellent news. No matter whatever other catastrophes come upon us in the next two years until the election, we are assured of vast entertainment for all our wasted tax dollars.

And, you know that the $24 Billion Dollar Cruz has a great shot at the Whitehouse. He totally has both the Canadian and the Cuban votes sewn up tight.

[ EDIT: to add that he also has the Israelian vote sewn up. Bibi will likely campaign for him personally. Again. ]

3 Likes

A junior senator with no executive experience. According to the right he isn’t qualified to be president.

4 Likes

Nothing says “Confidence” like announcing your presidential run when most people are asleep.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available