Discussion: Suspect In Charlottesville Attack Faces New First-Degree Murder Charge

Fuck this guy

4 Likes

With an administration focused on creating chaos at every opportunity, it seems like Charlottesville happened 20 years ago. I’m sure that to the victim’s family, it seems like yesterday. As I read the article, I couldn’t help but remember the apologists for this guy who insisted that he was being attacked and that he was trying to escape the violence against him. I guess the video must have shown something different.
Imagine being so deep in any political fever swamp that it doesn’t occur to you that you can’t deliberately hurt people without having to face legal consequences. It’s horrifying to think of the world some people inhabit.

13 Likes

What he did was planned. Not by him so much as by the people who work every day to keep Americans divided and hating one another. Jason Kessler can sit back and admire his work while Fields takes the punishment. Fox News and Trulmpsky didn’t even have to get their hands dirty. Little wheels spin and big wheels turn..

14 Likes

So Chief Justice Roberts…is this what you mean when you say we are a post-racial nation now when you gutted the voting rights act?

Judge, me thinks you need to get out more.

12 Likes

Something’s fishy here. I hope they’re not torpedoing this case by going for unprovable charges. If they don’t have the case for 1st, then they shouldn’t be pressing for it.

1 Like

Second degree murder is still also being charged. The difference between the two is what state of mind the jury infers from the evidence and they’ll make the call.

Second degree is the obvious charge when all you have is a car plowing into a crowd. If the investigation turns up evidence indicating he was trolling around looking for a group of counter-protesters to run down, rather than just acting in a flash of rage, first degree murder is an appropriate charge.

10 Likes

Trump: Disgraceful. This is a free country. Nazis should be allowed their thing.

Nazis murder.

1 Like

More like he is sobbing because the realization that he will be spending the rest of his life i jail just hit him.

6 Likes

Donald Trump’s “very fine person”

4 Likes

Sorry but “people” like this are pure evil - those tears were 1) about himself getting caught and having to face the consequences and/or 2) an cynical attempt at showing remorse to mitigate culpability.

We also need to demand the others in his group face charges too. And this guy should hang kicking and screaming on live TV as a fearsome warning to other Nazis.

5 Likes

To your point: http://www.slate.com/articles/business/metropolis/2017/08/driving_into_crowds_of_protesters_was_a_right_wing_fantasy_long_before_charlottesville.html

4 Likes

It’s possible – especially given the mental impairments required to be a hitler fanboy in the first place – that a murderer like that would be freaked out that things weren’t happening the way they were in a video game. It’s one thing to fantasize about hitting and killing people, but something at least a little different to be confronted with the sensory impressions in person.

That’s not a recommendation for leniency, or even a suggestion that asking if people were OK was in good faith. Just that it’s plausible the murderer would have been shaken up by the enormity of his action.

3 Likes

interesting - so, basically taking a dive - by grossly & intentionally over-playing the hand / bungling the legal strategy - resulting in a non-conviction when judged against the standards for the highest charges - what a cleverly cynical & sick way to undermine justice …

Pathetic losers like Fields are just the foot soldiers.

Malignant creeps like Kessler and Duke are the lieutenants.

Malevolent fucks like Trump and Pence are the generals.

6 Likes

But watch over your shoulder. Trumpp would be happy to nominate a replacement after you “accident.”

1 Like

Looks like a good case to me, and that is for just one victim. There are multiple other charges waiting.

1 Like

Give him a fair trial and hang him in the morning.

2 Likes

I certainly hope you are wrong but sadly this is not beyond the realm of possibility. The Charlottesville PD sat on its collective hands to allow the Nazis to have free rein. Which makes them as culpable as the murderer.

1 Like

Charlottesville General District Court Judge Robert Downer Jr.

I guess if I’m ever hauled into court, I’d rather not face a judge named Judge Downer!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available