Discussion: Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Tells TPM: We Both Fear For Our 'Physical Safety'

New Trump motto: Bullies R Us.

1 Like

Did the plaintiff properly plead under federal anti-discrimination law? If so, there would be arising-under jurisdiction. (When there is congruent state law, the plaintiff is entitled to elect the forum.) What grounds did the judge find, to dismiss?

Ah. I may have missed the significance of ā€œinto.ā€ Did the plaintiff originally file in state court, and then change her mind and seek to remove her own case to federal court? If so, she could be bound by her original choice of venue.

Another headline says The Dumpsterā€™s lawyers say they can sue for $20Million. If I was Danielā€™s lawyer Iā€™d say bring it on. Once a suit is filed then disclosure begins and boy do I see everything about these slimes coming out into the light of day. Bet she would be the one ultimately getting the $20Million.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œstoy, post:112, topic:69687ā€]
By personally inserting himself, Trump is rendering himself liable to discovery in federal court if the case is removed, but he loses his immediate motion to dismiss the case on the grounds that it belongs only in arbitration.
[/quote] (my emphasis)

Not a lawyer, but the supposed reason that Cohen is trying for federal court is the greater acceptance of arbitration of federal court than state court. So Trump/Cohen are screwing themselves (no pun intended) out of arbitration by going to the feds?

The fact that this filing is now out in the open (ā€œDONALD J. TRUMP a.k.a. DAVID DENNISONā€) is a bombshell. Any way you look at it, it is now an admitted cover-up by Trump, subject to legal ramifications due to undisclosed campaign contributions.

3 Likes

You are right, heā€™s never going to get the respect of New Yorkers. But, I am so sick of depictions of naked Donald Trump and I donā€™t really think they are that demeaning. I think they show how people hate fat people and how many homophobes are out there.

I personally prefer the depictions of him as a whinny toddler or puppet. Those seem to really get under his skin as well.

1 Like

3 Likes

Unreasonable to act in the interest of the client? I assumed that the fiduciary duty to clients applied before Obama changed that. We had a financial advisor who bragged about all the trips she won at work. And we subsequently realized we were contributing to her vacations and left the firm.

1 Like

For any young person with the family name of ā€œDennisonā€ and born after 2006, I would askā€¦
WHOā€™S YER DADDY?

Stormy is more articulate, hard working, and nobodyā€™s fool. I love how sheā€™s running rings around the Dotard and his lawyers.

1 Like

The issue here isnā€™t what he did or didnā€™t do (or have done to him) by Ms. Daniels, in and of itself. If she can drive Trump this nuts by outing a sexual encounter that is likely no more than somewhere between boring and straight and something with some whips, chains, and boots, what do you think Putin is going to do. I donā€™t mean the piss tapes. I mean all the stuff he has on the Trump empire and his kids. The orange Cheeto canā€™t handle it when heā€™s the one being blackmailed.

I would normally think that she and her lawyer were a bit paranoid. But given the number of Russian emigres in Britain who, having been found naughty in the eyes of the Kremlin, have met their end in ways that would do a .007 flick proud, Iā€™d be careful of fans offering her free perfume atomizers.

My thoughts on her too. She seems quite comfortable with her truth. Too bad people who donā€™t have any relationship with the truth chose to disparage her and her attorney and make threats. Theyā€™re awful people just like the president.

as I posted somewhere else, we may view her today as a patriot but her motive may purely be cash, and the $20M threatened lawsuit may be a signal to her and her legal team that there is a large dollar figure out there available to make her go away.

which doesnā€™t make her better or worse than anyone else but if the 60 minute piece runs then my guess is sheā€™s all in.

I would suggest that both the lawyer and the ā€œstar of stage, screen, and radioā€ refuse any drinks or snacks offered by anyone named Boris or Natasha.

Trump has extensive dealings with Russian mobsters and the tycoons who employ them; he openly admires ruthless dictators and killers, like Duterte. Why should Daniels and her lawyer have any worries about their own safety?

1 Like

Delilah trimming Samsonā€™s hair. Now will Samson bring down the temple? Victor Mature did a good job. No, but I saw the movie.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available