Discussion: Steve King Still Insists On Keith Ellison Renouncing Sharia Law

Assorted nuts…

3 Likes

ISLAMIC UTopIARy!!one!!111

This is a seriously paranoid individual with a less-than-average IQ. He isn’t taken seriously by anyone who is serious. It does make one wonder the genetic swamp his constituents swim in daily.

1 Like

1 Like

I can’t tell Muslims from Christians like Jeb!, but I can tell whacks from sane/normal people… just look at their eyes and you know instantly.

2 Likes

Steve King (R-IA) should also ask Peter King (R-NY) about the IRA and Catolic terrrroism…

Does King renounce Dominionism and demand GOP Presidential candidates, as well of members of congress do the same type renouncing?

2 Likes

You know whose own set of rules is a threat to national security? Wall Street! Financial-services firms routinely require investors to agree to arbitration for any disputes – a private, parallel legal system that’s stacked in favor of the companies. By making themselves immune from most lawsuits, they remove a check on their own reckless behavior, making it more likely they’ll do something to cause another financial crisis, crash the world economy and require a massive bailout.

When is Steve King going to do something about THAT?

I would dearly love to see mr Ellison kick steve king dead in his ass…I would be funny to see mr ellisons shoes sticking out kings mouth

Steve You-gotta-be-joKING. Please.

1 Like

How about King renouncing and resigning from his seat in Congress. This scum is a complete disgrace to the office since he puts his version of right wing evangelical biblical law above all and refuses to accept Constitutional law.

I watched that interview. Keith Ellison’s response was Dukakis-Lite. Dem’s are so weak against these conservative knuckleheads it’s disheartening.

1 Like

And Christians need to renounce Biblical law.

1 Like

Why the hell should they? Though I’m sure they’ll be happy to, right after Christians renounce the 10 commandments.

Sharia Law? The obsession with this thing. I mean he did not just come out and say the Quran but he might as well have. If the question were flipped I imagine that many conservatives would say the Bible is supreme. So, this is a horrible question.

In fact a few of the presidential candidates have said as much.

2 Likes

Here’s the thing. “Sharia law” is really just “what Muslims are required to do as Muslims”. It isn’t some foreign set of laws set on usurping local legal authorities.

See the Wikipedia entry for Sharia Law. Asking someone to “renounce” this means essentially renouncing their faith, as it means one must amongst other things:

1. Renounce that there is only one God
  2. Not pray
  3. Not fast
  4. Not give to charity
  5. Not visit Mecca

Other than the last, these requirements should also be seen as anathema to any Christian or Jew. Is King going to insist everyone renounce that as well?

If you are upset about one of the many crime/punishment pairs set out in a particular aspect of an interpretation of Sharia Law, let’s hear it. But, at the same time I’d like to hear you, Mr King, renounce Leviticus and Deuteronomy for starters.

1 Like

Interesting article that could have been summed up with, “She’s not saying anything outrageous compared to everyone else anymore.”

She should be lobbying Trump to be his running mate.

It is so insidious that even tgoet has been seen using Arabic numerals.

1 Like

… after you and your azo friends renounce the Bible, including Leviticus, maybe people might start to consider such a request.

I’m sure King’s insistence that Muslim Reps renounce Sharia seems perfectly reasonable to him, since he had to renounce all fealty to Christianity and Christian principles in order to hold his GOP positions. King isn’t asking anyone else to do anything he hasn’t done himself.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available