Discussion: Steve Bannon Says He's 'Fascinated By Mussolini'

Jackoffs like him always have some cockamamie worldview that solves everything, a creaky machine of superficial ideas they’ve cobbled together from ill-understood books, book jacket copy, websites, stuff they mislearned in college about things people “said,” as in “Freud said…” and “Marx said…” and so forth. All he really is is a nasty, sloppy, disheveled upper-middlebrow racist. Dime a dozen, go to any country club. But he’s grandiose so just being a racist quietly at home doesn’t work for him.

18 Likes

Everyone needs a hobby, I guess, but being fascinated by a guy done in by his own people is a little too dark for most of us. Back to the meth, Steve – you were being more true to your nature then.

6 Likes

Bannon replied, “This is all theoretical bullshit. I don’t know. Populism, fascism — who cares?”

“Why put labels on genius ways to burn it all down? A fire’s a fire.”

11 Likes

"I don’t know. Populism, fascism — who cares?”

Um, maybe 6 million dead Jews and any number of gays, lesbians, and Roma?

18 Likes

Well we can arrange for you to have a full Mussolini experience, Steve.

It’s hard to believe that given two fascist dictators, you pick the one who was a clown in addition to being a fascist dictator. But that’s fine, we’ll be happy to pick out a nice lightpole in Milan for you.

8 Likes

Why is this a story? Slow news day?

1 Like

@antisachetdethe just left on his flight, so yes, it will be slow for a little while.

7 Likes

we’ll be happy to pick out a nice lightpole in Milan for you.

Why not the one right outside 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue? Maybe one by the reflection pool at the Lincoln or Jefferson Memorial?

3 Likes

Patience - it’s not 4p in the east yet…

4 Likes

I heard Bannon was a big fan of Napoleon, why did he dump him ?

2 Likes

Hey it works for me. Slap a sign that says Piazzale Loreto on the pole and let’s have a party.

6 Likes

What exactly fascinated Bannon the most about Mussolini? Surely it was not the timely train service. The pact with Hitler was foreign policy genius. Maybe the purging of the Roma and the deportations of Jews to the death camps.
Or the most fascinating had to be how he met his ignominious end.

2 Likes

In itself it’s not startling news, I guess. But it’s a bit more insight into the mental world of a guy who was a close adviser for a long time to the current President of the United States. It’s not Princess Adelaide’s whooping cough.

13 Likes

Mussolini died over 70 years ago.

Isn’t it about time Republicans updated the Grand Old (really old) Party?

9 Likes

One might think they would roll it up to Pinochet by now.

8 Likes

Fun Fact: The nearest Esso station to the White House is 265 miles away, in Greeley, Pennsylvania. Just sayin’.

5 Likes

Was it the way he handled being hung upside down from a light pole for getting his country into a war that devastated his people and country? They showed their appreciation. From one white guy to another Stevie; go fuck yourself.

4 Likes

Does Bannon has a mistress?

OT. One thing that I noticed, is that, yes, the Partizans did shot Clara Petacci, and yes, they did hang her upside down in public, but they made sure that her skirt stayed on place. I guess they felt like thy had to protect dead peoples dignity…

2 Likes

And the favorite meal at McDonald’s will be “Happy Borscht”, the Nike swoosh logo will be replaced with a red star and so on and so forth…

2 Likes

AFAIK, as a fascist leader Mussolini is (surprisingly) still marketable in Italy ( in contrast to Germany, were all things Hitler/Nazi is taboo). You can find coffeetable books with pictures of Benito and friends in bookshops etc.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available