Discussion: Steve Bannon Says He's 'Fascinated By Mussolini'

He was clearly loved by women. He was a guy’s guy

That’s right Steve. And in the end it turns out he was well hung.

7 Likes
1 Like

I wouldn’t mind seeing a riding crop used on him.

1 Like

Because not too long ago this “guy’s guy” was in an office just off the Oval Office documenting his own master plan on a white board. He might not be in the White House now, but his schemes continue apace. We need to be aware of that.

2 Likes

What I’m talking about is a uniquely Italian paranoia that is evidenced by the continued affection felt by a significant number of Italians for fascism and Mussolini. Steve Bannon’s idol. Which is why I brought it up. Every country has its ugly underbelly. Mussolini is part of Italy’s.

2 Likes

Yeah you can see why so many Italians fall for Berlusconi.

Cut from a similar, slightly higher end, cloth.

1 Like

2 Likes

maybe he and ann coulter could get married!

ghandi, kennedy, obama, also all loved by women. try again ya damned fool

2 Likes

eh, you’d be surprised who was wandering around europe at that time - all kinds of advance scouts, people detached from their units…

how I loved his trilogy when I was young, and was so disappointed to find out how he became a rightwinger

1 Like

Yep…

OT, but this article in the April Atlantic Monthly is a REALLY good overview of how so many evangelical Christians in this country devolved into flaming hypocrites. Just an awesome read.

1 Like

I still love the book.

@edys - Thanks for that article; it’s awesome, although the author mentions something that doesn’t exist: partial birth abortion and does so because she was raised an evangelical and thinks they’ve only now become hypocrites and I would beg to differ.

But it’s a good read overall.

Still, they’re cousins,
Identical cousins and you’ll find,
They laugh alike, they walk alike,
At times they even talk alike -
You can lose your mind,
When cousins are two of a kind.
What a crazy pair

5 Likes

Wasn’t it terrific?

Magical thinking is a slippery slope. Evangelical Christianity lives on that slope, so I take anyone from that school of thought with a grain of salt.

But that doesn’t dilute the power of this article for me. He really didn’t pull any punches here. It was a smart, passionately felt, beautifully written article that offered some really valuable insights.

I would challenge any bible thumping Trumpster — who can read — to read it without cringing. Actually, I’d like to duck tape most of the GOP members of the house and senate to their damn chairs and read it to them. Slowly. Twice :rage::rage::rage:

3 Likes

I agree - it doesn’t dilute the power as you said. It was very well done indeed.

I do like the fact that Trump seems to be destroying the evangelical right along with the rest of the right.

2 Likes

Not that it changes what you’re saying, but I believe that Mussolini was executed closer Lake Como than to Milan.
According to Wikipedia:

Giulino (better known as Giulino di Mezzegra) is an Italian frazione of the Comune of Mezzegra, in the province of Como. Since 21 January 2014 both Giulino and Mezzegra are included in the comune of Tremezzina.
The village has passed into history because it is the place where Benito Mussolini and his lover Claretta Petacci were killed on April 28, 1945, in front of a manor house named Villa Belmont.
Giulino, part of the Intelvi geographical region, lies on the hills close to the north-western shore of the Lake Como. It is 2 km from Mezzegra, 30 from Como and 40 from Lugano (in Switzerland).

My question there would be which one of them would be marrying down?

No big surprise. Scalia also seemed to have a thing for Mussolini that he picked up from his father which explains much of his authoritarian jurisprudence.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available