Discussion: Stephen King Demands Apology From Maine's GOP Guv After False Allegation Of Tax Dodging

King should write a new horror novel about the GOP and its policies: The Shit Shining.

I like “Full Stoppage: Part I of The Chronicles of the Shiftless Colon:”

The GOP, verbal diarrhea and mental constipation.

2 Likes

March, 2011

King, a Democrat, showed up at a rally in Sarasota to protest Florida Gov. Rick Scott’s budget cuts. He compared Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, Scott and LePage to “Larry, Curly and Moe,” respectively.

10 Likes

Here is another gem. You can’t make this stuff up. And, the good folks of Maine re-elected him.

3 Likes

From King’s website:

He came to support the anti-war movement on the Orono campus, arriving at his stance from a conservative view that the war in Vietnam was unconstitutional,

http://stephenking.com/the_author.html

I can’t find the interview with his wife Tabitha where she claims she convinced him to switch his party affiliation, though I do remember it specifically.

1 Like

All his website states is that he arrived at his stance on the Viet Nam war from a conservative view that the war was unconstitutional. That doesn’t mean he was a liberal just that he felt that the war was unconstitutional as did supposedly conservatives. King has always been a liberal. If you read his books you will see that viewpoint through the characters who are the good guys in his narratives.

1 Like

Which is doubly hard to do when your head is up your ass.

Oh, THAT Stephen King, the one who write novels. Not the scary one in Congress of similar name, Steven King.

5 Likes

Yes, and has given back to his community in many, many ways. He’s one of the good 'uns.

6 Likes

An Aynti-Rand.

4 Likes

Lepage shouldn’t get into a battle of wits with a bowl of oatmeal.
He would lose.

2 Likes

Lepage, being completely unarmed, wouldn’t want to get in a battle of wits with anyone.

1 Like

“Well, if anyone was offended, I apologize,” is the usual formula.

2 Likes

I’ll give him credit for being half-armed.

2 Likes

He’s just figuring that out now?

Interesting - Lepage bears a pretty fair resemblance to the warden in The Shawshank Redemption - if only he would be forced to grapple with the twisted corruptness of his deeds - and chose to meet the same fate!

3 Likes

Ah, the good Steve King.

Thanks, Eliot.

Salvation lies within.

Love Stephan King — since he scared to hell out of me in the 80’s reading “It”. He is one of the good 1 percent.

1 Like

LePage, the Tea Party’s response to people’s desire for good government, a good poke in the eye and bird in the hand.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available