Discussion: Spicer On AARP Concerns: We're Not Trying To Accomodate 'Special Interests'

Except for coal, oil, private correctional facilities and Wall Street.

1 Like

Glad to know that this White House isn’t interested in accommodating special interests. Please tell us, Mr. Spicer - When are we going to cut off funding for Lockheed?

As someone elsewhere said, you pay your money to an insurance company in another state, and they DON’T pay for your healthcare in this one lol … there’s a reason why insurance companies are regulated at the state level …

1 Like

Way to cozy up to a reliable Republican voting bloc.

No.

You’re welcome!

I seem to remember Dan Rostenkowski, D-IL, then Chair of Ways and Means, getting chased through the streets of Chicago by outraged and pissed-off old farts who didn’t want to pay more to get less. The Rs are riding high right now, and appear to believe that the victory of Trump means that they can do whatever they want. Rostenkowski would tell them that they are wrong but he’s dead.

1 Like

Obamacare uses some of its taxes on rich people to extend the viability of Medicare. Trump care slashes the taxes on the rich and puts Medicare in jeopardy.
It also kicks millions of working poor off Medicaid…a bill also paid for by taxes on the wealthy. Then,it slashes the subsidies the middle class gets, hammering you more the older you are.

Trump care is dead certain about cutting taxes for the rich. The rest of us are supposed to trust that somehow, we will all be better off. sure. Trust Trump. He’s never lied before.

1 Like

The Wizard of Oz keeps popping up in my head. So much confusion - witches, flying monkeys, munchkins, - so little sense being made until retrospection occurs by all involved, and at the end the curtain is thrown back and the inept Wizard is there.

Once Dorothy clicked her heels three times, she was back where she belongs. HOME.

Of course Stephanie Mills’ version of Home is the only theme song that fits. This may not be for everyone, but I strongly believe we will get through this madness. We’ve done it before.

I love how he said “For all those people who are on Medicaid in particular, they don’t have choices anymore”

What choices? To be uninsured? Or choices like “Should we buy Susie’s medicine or pay the power bill this month? Should we go to the ER now or wait until Johnny’s appendix ruptures, so we know for sure that he’s really sick”?

Spicer is obviously just another completely Ill-informed Republican.

2 Likes

not actually ill-informed, just cruel.

I think the GOP might be counting on them all being dead by then.

1 Like

When the AARP supported the horrible prescription plan with the doughnut hole is when I dropped my membership. The ACA fixed that among other good things.

Special interests eh - remember AARP members vote biggly-

What exactly is this “choice” the regressive right keeps blathering on about? Are they proposing multiple medicaid systems that people can choose between? No, that can’t be it - they hate medicaid. Maybe they just mean that people will be able to choose between insurance they can’t afford and no insurance. But that’s a choice with only two options, and thus is no choicier than the current choice - no insurance or insurance people can afford - so that doesn’t make sense either.

So that leaves us where we started: still confused on what they mean by “choice”. I’m sure I’m just missing something… Maybe they measure choiciness in a different way? Or, more probably, I’m just too stupid to keep up with right wing policy brilliance.

I will say this: one thing we can be sure it’s not is a fabricated, bullshit talking point… Yeah, there’s no way it’s just a strawman sourced from thier Ayn Randian religion for the purpose of propaganda in their war on compassion, empathy, and the social safety nets that arise from a society that has those qualities. They’d never set up a ridiculous strawman like that, right? I mean, surely their base would see right through it, no?

2 Likes

Ya no shi*t douche bag!! One of the reasons you azs clowns keep losing.

Well ya Mr azs clown it’s pretty obvious. All you and this joke of an administration want is what is best for the Trump Crime Family. Hopefully soon all of you scum bags will be in prison or unemployed. #worstpresever

Ok this is a better come back then mine, I was thinking country but yours is better.

Only the 1% and businesses count as important. The rest of us are just peons.

Smooth he ain’t.

1 Like

The Trump administration is working hard to make AARP a special interest group by ensuring that most people never live that long.

“It’s about making sure that patients get the best deal that lowers prices.”

This is a crystal clear example of how the GOP has to clothe its true intent in bald-faced lies. Pro tip: it’s about cutting taxes for businesses and the wealthy.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available