Discussion: Spicer On AARP Concerns: We're Not Trying To Accomodate 'Special Interests'

Are voters a special interest group too?

29 Likes

could significantly raise premiums for older Americans, Spicer argued that Republicans “want you to get more choice and a lower cost.”

Republican Math:

High premium + More choices == Lower Cost.

Thanks for clarification Mellisa.

20 Likes

Yes. Because they did NOT elect Trump. They must suffer.

7 Likes

I’m sure AARP fully supports that position, and will encourage all their members to do the same.

12 Likes

angry old farts (including me) vote. Too many of us (not including me) voted for the orange shit-stain for whatever reasons - I don’t want to visit these - and now may very well have buyer’s remorse.
2018 isn’t that far off.

15 Likes

Yeah, we’re all missing a chromosome in Trumpland.

2 Likes

But see, the act OF CHOOSING doesn’t cost anything, except time. You can decide between many high deductible shit plans - many more shit plans to chose from, because freedom!

Also, why is the TrumpShitCare talking point now “states rights equals health care freedom”? Doesn’t this just mean that people in MS will die while people in VT will live?

6 Likes

“This isn’t about trying to figure out how many special interests in Washington we can get paid off.”

That would be a first for Republicans. Could this mean a new day for the party???

18 Likes

Yes, Republicans, piss of the old people. That’s the ticket.

Incidentally, am I reading this right? Does Spicey think Medicaid is the old people “entitlement?” Does he imagine that it cruelly deprives grandma of her choices while forcing access to care down her throat?

14 Likes

I think that “special interest” you just dissed is your voter base, Spicee. Or maybe your entire voter base is actually one Russian hacker - and you know that.

You sure talk like you know that.

13 Likes

Unless of course, the special interests are Americans for Prosperity and the Koch Bros.

17 Likes

Yeah, Americans, the next group Sphincter will call a special interest. Loser.

2 Likes

Let’s hope they go all the way and piss off the old folks but good.

2 Likes

I’m at at loss to understand how a group that represents 38 million voters, the majority of whom are probably Republicans, can be considered “special interest.”

14 Likes

Republicans are now Pro Choice.

10 Likes

everyone look on the bright side of that statement… they’re conceding 2020

4 Likes

Yeah, Republicans run a serious risk of alienating seniors to the point they’ll abandon the GOP and flock to the polls to vote for a Democrat.

Yeah, it’ll happen.

2 Likes

I"m thinking that’s one special interest group you’ll want to pay attention too there Lyin’ Spice.

2 Likes

This is why I think their real demographic is a handful of Russian hackers working out of warehouses in dog knows where.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available