Discussion: Spicer Insists Senate O'Care Bill Won't Affect Medicaid Recipients

He is saying no one “currently” on Medicaid will be affected–just no new patients ever again.

1 Like

I wish I could get Melania’s boyfriend to hand deliver my opinion to Trump.
P.S.–he looks like he has a good right hook.

It’s one of those “technically correct” lines of reasoning…

The alien overlords promise not to kill a single human in their conquest… they just sterilize everyone so the kill no one, but we’re extinct as a species in a generation.

They might as well say, “We’re discontinuing all future enrollments of Medicare… Technically, no one currently enrolled will be affected.”

2 Likes

No one really dies… they just disappear… permanently.
And as KAC said those cuts aren’t really cuts. Call 'em “downward adjustments”.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s probably from somewhere like this. And I’m positive the entire production is exactly as legal as UnREAL’s entire production, too.

1 Like

Jaysus! Sean is clueless as to what is in the bill. It destroys Medicaid and hastens the insolvency of Medicare. Trump promised no cuts/changes to either program. Using Sean’s/Trump logic anyone not currently on Medicaid because they are not yet born are s.o.l. Try hard not to have a disability. And fugget-about-it if your dementia is not yet diagnosed or you are too poor to afford medical insurance.

1 Like

"Trump pledged frequently on the 2016 campaign trail that he would not make cuts to Medicaid. "

Technically speaking he’s right tho. Donnie couldn’t make cuts even if he wanted to. The House of representatives controls spending, not the Executive branch. Then again trump had no idea how the system worked before he got into office. And even now, 5 months in, he still has only a vague idea.

2 Likes

So Spicer is a shameless liar like his boss? Color me shocked.

2 Likes

WHAT ?!?! Are you just this stupid or do you think we are this stupid? OMG

We already have laryngitis from daily bouts of that.

1 Like

But he could use his veto pen to keep his promise. He won’t. He will sign it joyfully and say promises made and kep repeal and replace done, the scourge of Obamacare is gone. And those that need this safety net the most are totally screwed.

1 Like

I don’t think eliminating 3 long range fighter bombers, a half dozen hammers and a field tent from the DoD budget is something we can tolerate.

6 Likes

Brokefact Fountain Babel Fish says: “Look, all the people currently receiving Medicaid will still have access to Medicaid. It may not be in the red state in which they live, but the poors and minorities are all free to move to blue states where better Medicaid options are available.”

7 Likes

hahahahahahahahaha Y’all just keep coming up with this shit and killing me with your wit. I don’t know how many lives I’ve got left, but I love this place.

4 Likes

Hehe…me too. I’ve been in TPM withdrawal all week because we’re on trial. Thank god some days are half days…

3 Likes

I’m sure he means it won’t affect actual recipients, but what he is under playing is it will affect who are Medicaid recipients

I hope you win.

And I have no idea what it’s about or which side you’re on. hjahahahaha

Good point. This administration needs all the hammers, because everything they see looks like a nail.

3 Likes

Oh sure. They’re going to cut 880 billion out of medicaid. But no medicaid patients will be affected. The sad part is, millions of medicaid-dependent Trump supporters will nod their slack-jawed heads in agreement.

5 Likes

I’m sure spicy knows exactly what is in the bill, but knows Trump supporters will believe Him and also has Fox backing him up. so he is free to spread his BS

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available