Discussion: Spicer Implies Trump Open To Working With Democrats On Taxes, Infrastructure

The Hastert Rule does not require 218 Republican votes. It is a majority of the majority rule so it requires 119 GOP votes in the current Congress.

I really donā€™t understand how bipartisanship is ever going to work when one of the parties is insane. Imagine trying to negotiate an agreement on dinner plans with your date, and you suggest Italian and she states her preference would be a meal of tire rims and anthrax. If you can figure out a way to split the difference there and find a meal you will both enjoy, you can probably figure out how bipartisanship is going to work the next few years.

John Cole, February 5, 2009.

2 Likes

So the president has said (probably not truthfully) that heā€™s open to working with democrats, but the republicans in congress have said theyā€™re not?

1 Like

While any good Democrat should throw a drowning man a life preserver, I think I speak for almost all of us when I say the House/Senate Dā€™s should throw Trump an anvil.

3 Likes

Trump: ā€œThrow me a life preserverā€¦anyone!ā€

Not to worry. Trump comes with his own anvil.

1 Like

Fuck right the fuck off, Mr. President.

You wanted this, remember?

5 Likes

Yeah, go screw yourself, you scumbag.

The Oval Office occupier as well.

1 Like

ā€œopen to working withā€ translated: they are welcome to see it my way.

1 Like

After eight years of their primary goal being to ā€œmake Obama a one-term Presidentā€? Hey Spicer:

Alsoā€¦

ā€œI think the President, as I mentioned, is eager to get to 218 on a lot of his initiatives,ā€

House of Representatives Party Breakdown
Republican - 237
Democrat - 193

So whatā€™s your problem, Spicer? Is your boss just not able to ā€œdo dealsā€ with his own damn party?

5 Likes

This was nothing more than a few minutes of weasel words. Nothing implied, nothing inferred either, just Spicey killing time because the so called pres likes to hear his name tossed around at a press gaggleā€¦

@grack Schumerā€™s leading the party of No these days. The Senate knows we donā€™t want to helping the drowning men of the R party.

1 Like

SpiceBoy farts

Bipartisanship is of course a worthy concept in theory but sadly there can be no cooperation with an individual as thoroughly corrupt and dishonest as Trump. How could congressional Democrats possibly expect him to honor any promises given during negotiations? Heā€™d turn around and sell them out the exact moment it became convenient and then mock them as suckers on Twitter for falling victims to his superior tactical skills. Thereā€™s no honor among thieves and Donald Trump is first and foremost a common thief. Donā€™t give him and his fratricidal party an inch of cover.

2 Likes

Dems to GOP: Drop dead!

1 Like

Our so-called President is truly bipartisan. Not only is he willing to work with Republicans on legislation that will not pass Congress, but heā€™s willing to also work with Democrats on legislation that hasnā€™t a prayer of getting to his desk for a signature.

Winning!

3 Likes

ā€œand if for some reason the democrats do not want to start rubber stamping President Bannonā€™s agenda, we are in the process of placing kindling around the Reichstagā€

2 Likes

ā€œSpicer Implies Trump Open To Working With Democratsā€

" No, I donā€™t want your number, no I donā€™t wanna give you mine and no, I donā€™t wanna meet you nowhere, no, donā€™t want none of your timeā€¦I donā€™t want no scrubsā€¦"
Dating myself but the TLC song popped into my head as I read this nonsense.

1 Like

Agree with nemo, this is really good. Huge ā€œlikeā€ here.

1 Like

Yeah, open that pucker face for the Louisville Slugger home run smack.

1 Like

Donā€™t ever fall for anything coming from Trump or his minions. Dems should be out front saying they are not interested in any deals or even any negotiations with Trump since he never keeps his word anyway. More than likely, heā€™s trolling for concessions from Dems which heā€™ll pocket then refuse to back up anything he offered in exchange. Heā€™ll also lie about the negotiations ā€“ what he and the Dems said ā€“ to make himself look good and the Dems bad. Better to let the Rs thrash it out themselves and attack whatever they put out there.

This is the R playbook and the Ds have to deploy it as effectively as they did. Sure, everyone likes infrastructure, but the Rs want the poor to pay for it and the Ds have to demand that the wealthy pay for it from all the money they got over the past two decades sticking it to everyone else. Thereā€™s no way the Rs will agree to it, so if the Ds keep the argument on those grounds, they can deny the Rs the infrastructure ā€œwinsā€ just as the Rs denied them to Obama and the Ds when they wanted them for eight years.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available