Discussion: Spicer Denies Trump Tower Poll Watching Banned By Consent Decree

Can you hear it? Left coaster laughter? ohoh thread nanny wants to bite me on the arse.

1 Like

Sean Spicer can say what he pleases. His actions on Election Day and his presence at Trump Tower sure look like the Republican Party violated the poll watching terms of the Consent Decree.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a whole website, a five-part investigative series, about this con man. The teen thing is just one thread, not even the major one. I hope to listen to it this weekend. It looks good. http://longcon.kycir.org/

1 Like

Sean who?

But people will believe himā€¦just not us. Loyal Fox News watchers, Rush listeners, Breitbarters, #MAGA cult members, evangelicalsā€¦they will all believe him, because they heard it somewhere ā€œreliableā€ā€¦ they believe what their overlords tell them.

The lemmings have been well trained.

Clarence Thomas was not justifiably aggrieved. He was a Double AA Minor Leaguer that Bush and Senator Danforth brought in to replace a veritable American Giant, and when credible allegations forced a hearing, ā€œhigh tech lynchingā€ was his play from the bottom of the deck, to compare anyone who dared question him, a political hack who had abused his power, to lynch mobs in the South. High tech lynching was as much of a chutzpah stretch when Clarence Thomas invoked victims of racism to tar anyone who dared question his fitness for the lifetime appointment on the SCOTUS. It was just like Alitoā€™s wife sitting at his hearings and weeping because Democrats were doing their job of asking him questions, in reply to which he lied, repeatedly. Clarence Thomas once confirmed and on the Court, failed to disclose conflicts of interest in dozens of cases he sat on posed by his wifeā€™s political affiliation and employment. He is a disgrace and it still annoys me to hear the phrase he coined to imply that anyone who dared scrutinize him was a racist murderer vigilante.

3 Likes

It was a horrible moment when he said that. Played on the worst stereotypes of racism and sealed his nomination. I also still have a lingering distaste for Biden who wanted to give Thomas ā€œthe benefit of doubtā€ and worse, loved the sound of his voice so much he sucked the air out of the room. You know that Thomasā€™ wife called Hill a few years ago asking her to apologize. This sounds like a dialing while drunk call.

ā€œGood morning, Anita Hill. Itā€™s Ginni Thomas,ā€ it said. ā€œI just wanted to reach across the airwaves and the years and ask you to consider something. I would love you to consider an apology sometime and some full explanation of why you did what you did with my husband.ā€

It continued: ā€œSo give it some thought. And certainly pray about this and hope that one day you will help us understand why you did what you did. Okay, have a good day.ā€

2 Likes

I do not understand the hero status of Joe Biden. He bent over backwards for the Republicans who had already proven during the Iran-Contra hearings that they were bad faith hard ball players. There has been this revisionist history that Joe Biden is some firebrand populist hero. He wanted to be the first president from Delaware. Home of the Delaware Corporation and of all the credit card companies.

During those hearings, Arlen Spector did a real ad hominem hatchet job on Anita Hill. But years later, I got a mailing, in NYC, from Arlen Spector, asking for contributions and support because he was being subjected to Anti Semitism by the constituents of his Republican Party. It was in the years well before Internet and email, but I wrote him back and told him he had a lot of nerve, after selling his soul to the Right Wing of the Dixiecrat Party he belonged to, to solicit funds from Liberal New York City residents because he was experiencing totally predictable ethnic hatred from the Reagan Era GOPā€™s new constituents.

1 Like

Plus he is a pathological liar.

1 Like

There has been some back and forth here about Biden and the rumors heā€™s going to run in 2020. Heā€™ll be 78 and that alone runs counter to our notion that new blood is necessary in order to win.

Spector did sell his soul, and it came back to bite him on the ass when he tried to run as a Democrat because Rs didnā€™t want him. Overall, though, thereā€™s a great big dose of whore in way too many congress critters. Maybe itā€™s why thereā€™s not more enthusiasm for political news among too many people.

1 Like

I agree. But for me, right now, and since the mid 80s, there is one political party in the US that is bad, for most of the population. It is supported by a group of small minorities: NRA, Grover Norquist assholes, Chamber of Commerce Assholes, Fake Religious Fundamentalists who are really Crypto Segregationists, and immigrant haters, many of whom are, unfortunately, third or fourth generation Catholic immigrants from Ireland, Poland, Italy whose parents and grandparents were treated like shit. The choice is clear right now, except to the folks who think they are the first generation to ever discover radicalism and dislike ā€œelectoral roadā€ types. In Latin America and PR it was fashionable to look down oneā€™s nose at the bourgeois middle of the road incrementalist electoral path politicians. Cuban Revolution enthusiasts would pooh pooh Salvador Allende and his political front for being sell outs. Same in Spain during the Civil War. And it annoys me to see the tired pattern playing out in this country and allowing people like W and Trump to be elected and endanger the entire world. So that is my two cents. After a lifetime lived in the anti imperialist 60s and 70sā€¦and thereafter. I didnt like Biden because he was a milquetoast and was playing ping pong when Orrin Hatch and Alan Simpson and the rest of the GOP were playing with solid iron shot puts. And I missed the part where he became some working class blue collar version of La Pasionaria.

Glad I wasnā€™t the only one flummoxed by thisā€¦

Seriously. I found myself reading it several times and wondering WTF to myself. It only made sense after seeing the story.

Biden is a blowhard and not very bright either. Iā€™m extremely offended that he has made comments to the effect that the Presidency was his for the taking in 2016, if only he had decided to run. Democrats decided against him twice, overwhelmingly, for good reason.

1 Like

True, but after reading the story I donā€™t really have any better ideas for a headline.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available