Discussion: Someone Paid $16,000 For A Trump Doodle Of The Empire State Building

Meh. Josh Marshall does much better doodles. And they’re done in orange.

2 Likes

That’s Empire State Building?

It looks like a couple of card board boxes stacked on top of each other.

Did I just insult our troops for critiquing Trumps so called artwork? Better check with General Liar Kelly.

1 Like

No doubt they would have paid even more for Trump’s used toilet paper.

Trump’s shit-on-a-stick! Get your pOTUS shit-on-a-stick here!

1 Like

Which Russian oligarch paid up this time?

1 Like

No need to write about this, Donald will tell us tomorrow (and the day after that, and the day after that…)

1 Like

That’s the most ever paid for a work of Art! Ever!
Many say Donald could have been the next Picasso if he hadn’t preferred baseball.

1 Like

Or maybe John Bannon, with a check drawn on the Trump Foundation.

1 Like

Maybe not… Donnie previously paid for the biggest, most beautiful genuine Renoir ever…
(From an earlier post on another thread)

Trump thinks he owns Renoir, but Art Institute says real one hangs in Chicago

1 Like

Who ya gonna believe, the “Fake News” Chicago Tribune?
Count me in with the Fox and Friends gang-their colors† don’t run!

†-Various shades of white, actually.

ETA-Trump “owns”? So he paid?
Ummmmm…

I will repost my technical analysis of the drawing I wrote yesterday…

I have seen that drawing before, but now that you remind me of it, that is a MUCH more fascinating work. It shows rudimentary isometric drawing, but notice the spatial relationships are wrong again, the middle cube is off center, it is placed in the corner of the bottom segment. This is the sort of drawing you would expect to see from a 10 year old kid, but as an adult, this seems more like a mild case of [constructional apraxia.][1]

The “shading” resembles the repetitive up and down motions of Trump’s signature. These are sometimes found in autistic children, a repetitive scribble with a limited range. It also shows an inability to control a range of bodily motion beyond the hand’s fine motor skills.

Some people have made psychological evaluations based on the phallic form of this drawing. But they are missing the most significant unconscious symbolism in the drawing. Notice the perspective of the drawing. Even a crude drawing of an isometric projection of an object, constructs a viewpoint of the observer. You can tell where the hypothetical eye is looking at the object. Trump is looking DOWN on the Empire State Building.

BTW did I ever mention I have a BFA in drawing?
[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructional_apraxia

How much for a Trumpp leap off the Empire State Building?

So trump bought it back,
can’t let the great things he’s done get to far away.
Installed into the trophy room next to melani’s bed.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available