Discussion: Sessions Offers Meek Defense Of FBI In Face Of Trump’s Attacks

It’s all getting a bit ominous, folks. House Republicans are in full treason mode. Expect a constitutional crisis over Christmas. Plan accordingly.

11 Likes

Time is not being kind to Coulter.
Makes me very happy.

8 Likes

Gotta say actual humans age better, than whatever Annie is.

10 Likes

2017 - 49 = 1970
So Did Tricky Dick deliver a lusty lawn in order screed- bending the long arc of the Southern Strategy into the boner that points to Reagan, Gingrich and Trump? Bet he did.

Where’s Rick Perlstein when we need him?

2 Likes

:joy:

I’m still trying to figure that out myself.

@thunderclapnewman - Yeah it brings a definite schadenfreude-loaded smile to my face, too.

7 Likes

Coretta Scott King warned of Session and his antics in another matter in 1986. Her warning remains true today.

9 Likes

This came through my Library of Congress Daily Digest Bulletin today. (https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3771)

Shown Here:
Introduced in House (09/14/2017)
Special Counsel Integrity Act

This bill sets forth requirements and limitations with respect to the discipline or removal from office of a special counsel appointed under Department of Justice (DOJ) regulations.

Specifically, a special counsel may be disciplined or removed only by the personal action of an Attorney General who has been confirmed by the Senate. If the Attorney General is recused from the matter, then a special counsel may be disciplined or removed by the most senior DOJ official who has been confirmed by the Senate and is not recused from the matter.

A special counsel: (1) may only be removed for misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or other good cause, including violation of DOJ policies; (2) must be informed in writing of the specific reason for the removal; and (3) may file an action for judicial review of the removal.

It has no sponsors and while it may go nowhere in the Republican controlled house, I personally, appreciate the effort. So write your congress critter and ask them to support it or introduce something like it and support the Special Council.

8 Likes

Even J. Edgar Hoover wouldn’t have described the Bureau’s mission as “fabulously important.”

Butch it up, KKKeeb!

4 Likes

Let’s be honest–she was one of those people who somehow made people believe she was more attractive than she was by acting like she was, she traded on her assumed looks ruthlessly and developed this shtick as a hot blond who would say the most rabidly, poisonously incendiary things imaginable.

She wrote one book after another whose title was one word intended to be the worst possible thing she could call liberals (all of which are more than ironic now): “Mugged,” “Godless,” “Demonic,” “Treason,” each of which had her carefully photo-shopped picture on the cover in some tight little number. And then came the Internet and the delay built into the publication cycle became a problem, because stuff that was insanely outre and outrageous enough to generate publicity when she wrote it was way behind the crazy curve by the time it was published.

And now, she’s old and alone and here’s this genuinely attractive blond who just gets onto TV and says incendiary, horrible shit and then leaves for the day, never a word put to paper or deadline to work against, and she’s just a has-been. She invented that gig, and now she’s nothing.

It’s the only good thing about Lahren. Well, okay, she sucked all the oxygen out of Malkin’s tent, too.

13 Likes

I agree completely with every word. She should have known there would be a younger version showing up. Didn’t she watch All About Eve?

9 Likes

She probably sees herself as Eve—truth is a foreign concept to her, after all.

2 Likes

It sucks to be funding tax breaks for the Haves, doesn’t it?

3 Likes

All these FBI criminal investigations are interfering with his efforts to be tough on crime.

3 Likes

Really sucks when you ran on white populism.

5 Likes

The thing plagiarized Thoreau; but as long as she’s unhappy I’m happy. What she said and did about The Jersey Girls after 9/11 is unforgivable.

“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

2 Likes

“I don’t share the view that the FBI is not functioning at a high level all over the country,” Sessions Caspar Milquetoast said.

I still would not buy a used Yugo from him
edit

@old_curmudgeon

" I bet he has a photo of John Mitchell on his office wall."

I would not be surprised at all

1 Like

More and more each day her wretched soul is cutting through and manifesting to her physical being.

1 Like

Sessions presents!
hits of the 70’s (music) when I neeeeed love, I just hold my arms and I touch love…

[quote=“carlosfiance, post:10, topic:66410”]
Hey, at least she´s being honest.She´s miserable, so she wants children to suffer too.
[/quote] she’s not being honest, that’s a sop to the republicans so she can show she completely buys that women are nothing without children. if she’d wanted one she would’ve had one

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available