Discussion: Sessions: 'I Have No Basis To Dispute' Intel's Report On Russia 2016 Meddling

3 Likes

1 Like

“I do think that they have said that they don’t believe that votes were changed.” This is just Sessions being a weasel. No one has argued that Boris and Natasha snuck into the polling places and replaced Hillary ballots with Trump ballots. The question is whether the Russian interference through Facebook, fake news sites, and other methods of disseminating disinformation caused voters who otherwise would have voted for Hillary to vote for Trump in the states they targeted (and that determined the electoral college result). I think there’s quite enough evidence to conclude reasonably that Russian interference could have influenced the result, even if no votes were changed, as that phrase would commonly be understood.

5 Likes

"I should be able to give you better information today than I am.”

Republican Committee Members: Well, since it’s just a little thing like protecting our electoral system from systematic and pervasive attacks from foreign adversaries, no big deal. Just get back to us sometime…whenever… if you’re not to busy doing other stuff.

4 Likes

This is all a cover for Russian attempts at fixing NBA games.

2 Likes

“With the 2018 elections less than one year away and given your acknowledgment this is a serious, complex matter that’s deserving a real review, specifically what steps have you taken to protect our elections next year?” Sheneider asked.

Any answer to that is a double-edged sword. Yes, the integrity and security of our electoral system is paramount to the survival of our democracy, but then again, he dare not say anything that would piss off Putin. He cannot afford to make this issue a priority going forward.

3 Likes

Tell that to the asshole you work for, Jeff. He still doesn’t get it. And we know what your priorities are; cracking down on civil rights investigations, imprisoning more people for smoking weed and lying to Congress.

2 Likes

Couldn’t stand to watch all (especially the R’s) but thought this one was very to the point and had Sessions by the balls . . .

1 Like

For someone in such an important job, he certainly doesn’t seem to have ANY clue as to what the DOJ is doing or should be doing. WTF does he do all day to be able to avoid any knowledge of the department he is in charge of?!?

4 Likes

He performs at the RePub’s Stand Up Comedy Klub.

Sessions: I have selective memory, to the best of my recollection, particularly when my Russian collusion is involved.

I think?

1 Like

Sessions was asked by Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) if he agreed that the
leaders of the intelligence community were political hacks.

Congresswomen from WA are doing some excellent interrogation in today’s stories. It gives me heart to see this.

Maybe I’m just being sentimental today.

ETA: @tierney Tierney Sneed has put this together elegantly. I would like to pin a medal on her for her contributions to this site.

1 Like

Figleaf from day 2 after the election night shock. Similar to Trump’s childish claim that he is still not under investigation.

The intel on Russia’s meddling is the same intel on Russian collusion which AG Elf Face admits now that he was a part of after lying by omission earlier.

So he’s a liar with a convenient memory based on convenient excuses that he just happens to remember perfectly as he casually colluded with the Russian government to meddle in our elections for his sides gain.

IOW, he admits it but seems to think that his descriptions of being casual meetings absolves him.
Wrong!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available