Discussion: Sessions Fires Andrew McCabe, Top FBI Official Targeted By Trump

To be fair, Sessions is a monster as well.

4 Likes

Trump is probably the stupidest guy on the planet, bar none.

When people have nothing to lose, like McCabe does now, since you stole his pension, they don’t have any reason to keep their mouths shut.

It would have been so much simpler to just buy his continued silence by not twisting the knife.

And Trump continues to be the stupidest guy by tweeting about the firing after it happens.

I expect McCabe will receive a very nice payday down the road from the legal system. After a tweet celebrating his firing like, "Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!”, there’s just about no judge who won’t find in his favor that the firing was unjustly influenced by the top.

9 Likes

How this effectsMcCabe’s pension is an open question – his contract and civil service rules would determine how much of a reduction he would suffer for being terminated with cause at this point in his career. I say that as the beneficiary of a civil service contract (NYC, not federal,) and I would be surprised if analogous protections were not in place. In fact, this was discussed earlier in the week and that did seem to be the likely outcome.
The bigger issue is likely to be the attack on his employment record and credibility. Under my contract, there are mechanisms in place for redressing false allegations and, again, I’m assuming McCabe has recourse to similar means of seeking redress as well as to the courts, so its doubtful this over. It seems to me that DTs propensity for spewing his venom on social media and McCabe’s role in the Comey firing pretty well assure that this well get a hearing, so there’s a good chance that we can look forward to a shit show.
In McCabe’s favor, DTs tweeting has already harmed a number of his administration’s initiatives and may very well do so here.
Addendum: In his statement, McCabe wrote, “The OIG’s focus on me and this report became a part of an unprecedented effort by the Administration, driven by the President himself, to remove me from my position, destroy my reputation, and possibly strip me of a pension that I worked 21 years to earn.”
Apparently, whatever the work rules are they allow for this possibility under the conditions of his dismissal.

5 Likes

They are going to try and hide behind the skirts of the OIG.

This was a desperation hail Mary by Trump’s “legal” brain trust (Sessions) to try and establish some sort of record, anything they could sock-puppet then point to (think Cheney leaking to NYT then pointing to the NYT leaked story as a validator the “mainstream” will swallow) to try have to something point to in order try and undercut credibility of McCabe when he testifies over the Comey firing. Just watch.

4 Likes

Trump started screaming for McCabe to be fired 84 days ago.

7 Likes

Charges against Benadict Flynn were not dismissed. He plead guilty to lying to the FBI and now has a felony conviction. Max penalty is 5 years in prison but because he is cooperating with Mueller he may get probation.

As for his sentence date it’s been delayed indefinitely. The Judge has warned Flynn to play ball or else.

8 Likes
8 Likes

They are all pregnant. :expressionless:

5 Likes

Seriously, has anyone looked into the leanings of the IG here?

I’d be curious, a lot of the IG positions in government are filled by people who are expected to toe the party line and find the ‘right’ answer (that’s why the IGs are answerable to their own organizations, not to an actually independent one) which protects the organization as a whole.

The IG—Michael Horowitz—was appointed by the Obama administration.

1 Like

And the malefactors of great wealth who subsidize them?

It’s getting very chilly in there.

1 Like

Last night I was indulging a fetish I have for a.m. radio. The thing is, you never know if what you are hearing is a current broadcast or something bouncing back from deep space. Well, I came across Hannity crowing about some news re. the 2 FBI lovers, text messages, a FISA judge, and Flynn. Anybody know what this is about?

@clare

1 Like

You’re joking here…right?

1 Like
10 Likes

I saw that .
Astounding that so many Republicans have no shame
Look at the crowd, you don’t need to ask if they watch Faux news and listen to conservative radio

2 Likes

You really begin to wonder at the absolute stupidity of Trump and his Minions .
McCabe was acting director of the FBI
He knows where your skeletons are buried, he has seen them all.
The icing on the cake is that career FBI agents are looking at this and thinking “This could happen to me”
Do you think the whole FBI will be gunning for Trump?
Trump’s stupidity and pettiness will bring him down

4 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

In addition the Turd he was stumping for just got off probation and has numerous criminal convictions.
Crimnals-R-US
The Republicans went through the bottom of the barrel to snag this one
They were answering the phones Looser central may I help you

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available