Discussion: ‘Scumbags’: Conservative Super-Lawyer Blasts Schiff, Media Over NRA-Russia Story

Well nobody from Ok knows how to drive, either, since you have a thing about broad brushes. I can keep going but I definitely stand by my opinion that nobody who gets a JD in Oklahoma is a damn superlawyer.

3 Likes

To expand upon Basic Accounting 101:

A Balance Sheet shows total financial status. Anti-government ideologues ignore this in their diatribes.

A Revenue and Expenses summary shows current cash flow. It ignores permanent assets like buildings and other material assets.

Remember that businesses borrow money, just like the Federal government. Long-term debt does not appear on a R and E tally — only its interest payments – but must be noted in Balance Sheets.

Doesn’t a 501©3 have to declare its cash reserves?

BTW The only accounting I understand is my checkbook, i.e. the damn bank won’t let me run a massive “negative balance.” They just don’t understand me, the bullies.

Has either been interviewed by Mueller yet? I thought he usually waits for them to commit the pièce de résistance, i.e. lie to his team, before he drops the indictments.

But he may make an exception for “family”…

2 Likes

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

1 Like

We use language like this when we talk amongst ourselves, but powerful conservatives seemingly have no qualms about publicly and crudely demeaning their opponents with taunts like “scumbags”. They’re way more combative, threatening, and puerile in interviews and appearances. I reckon it’s a way to rally their base, appealing to brute force, anger, and frankly stupidity. They just come off as constantly angry, and I suppose they are. While I sometimes wish our guys fought fire with fire, I’m glad our leaders don’t resort to juvenile tactics like that. Shoot-from-the-hip anger just encourages dumb. And I don’t wanna be dumb.

But between us here, fuck Cleta Mitchell.

10 Likes

I’ll see your “Bless her heart” and raise you one:
Bless her little heart!

3 Likes

Again, R and E is different from Balance Sheet. Cash Reserves are not part of the R and E. Please see above.

If you get a loan from somewhere, you can deposit the proceeds into your checking account and you will have a positive balance there. However, your net assets will be reduced because you have increased your debt.

1 Like

I want Mueller or Schneiderman to interview New York District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. and have him explain why all the prosecutors in his office wanted to indict Uday and Ivankatoinette for scamming Trump Soho investors but dropped it after a personal visit from Marc Kasowitz.

12 Likes

I suppose the headline author could have written, “mediocre, yet notorius lawyer…”

11 Likes

Yes. The overly emotional reply filled with absolutes really smells funny. Please, TPM, schedule her for a follow up interview a year from now.

1 Like

Me too. Good point!

1 Like

Notorious works fine all by itself. hahahahaha

4 Likes

I appreciate headline writers with a strong sense of irony.

3 Likes

Just to feed the conspiracy theories

Murder inquiry over Russian’s London death
UK police have launched a murder investigation after the death of Russian businessman Nikolai Glushkov in south-west London.

Mr Glushkov was found dead at his home in New Malden on 12 March.

A post mortem revealed Mr Glushkov, whose family has been informed, died from “compression to the neck”.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43433552

The timing of the attacks on Sergei Skripal and his daughter and the death above, is that a little hint to the ‘persons of interest’ in Mueller’s probe, a hint, that “you really wont like to be indiscreet, you know…”

9 Likes

So, if I understand correctly, she can say with 100% certainty that the organization she left 6 years ago and has allegedly had zero involvement with since is not doing something.

8 Likes

I think I detect panic.

1 Like

Or would it be, “her fucking grammar sucks”? I always get that mixed up.

4 Likes

Only because they’re true. To paraphrase David Shulkin, “Getting caught is a ‘distraction.’”

I believe the correct sentence structure is “Her fucking grammar fucking sucks.”

8 Likes

I wonder what Sooner would think! Sooner?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available