Discussion: ‘Scumbags’: Conservative Super-Lawyer Blasts Schiff, Media Over NRA-Russia Story

Methinks she doth protest too much.

1 Like

Assumes facts not in evidence.

It may be true, but my personal experience is that there is not a conservative on the planet who will not lie without a second thought about it.

Somewhat like evangelicals…

4 Likes

So sorry that somebody mistakenly credited you with having an iota of patriotism. I’m sure that mistake won’t be made again.

6 Likes

If they didn’t keep doing things they shouldn’t, they wouldn’t have to lie. But I guess it wouldn’t pay as well.

2 Likes

Seems somebody hit a nerve.

5 Likes

So, this scumbag attorney was very lawyerly in her statement-she clearly did not deny that Russian money finds its way into the NRA, just that this terrorist organization segments the money it receives concerning the use it is put to. Everyone knows money is fungible, comrade.

7 Likes

I’m not an accountant. Can anybody explain how the NRA can be $46 million in the hole without being bankrupt?

[Source: GuideStar]

Maybe they have some outside backers keeping them afloat?

3 Likes

How do you figure that?

I wouldn’t paint that broad of a brush. But this alumnus is certainly not one their best. And the moniker “super lawyer” is really just fluff anyway.

I looked her up on her firm web site, https://www.foley.com/cleta-mitchell/ which has her email address and was tempted to send her an email. But I thought better of it.

1 Like

From the top chart: Revenue ($366M) and Expenses ($412M).

Revenue minus expenses is a negative $46 million.

Cash reserves could make up the difference.

These two entities (R and E vs. Bal Sheet) are different.

The first is more short-term and the second is more inclusive.

But you raise a good point, The NRA is currently spending more than it is raising. They are desperate and this trend cannot continue.

Where will they get more revenue? Hmmm…

7 Likes

My word! Do conservatives get angry when called out for their misdeeds or what?

3 Likes

Still, Net Assets (bottom chart) are only $36M. Still a bit of a disparity.

It’s almost like they’re running a Trumpian (Potemkin) Enterprise.

4 Likes

The more shrilly these right wing weasels shriek, the more certain I am that they are lying.

3 Likes
    cervantes

4m

"$46 million in the hole

How do you figure that?"

Elementary. Basic math, Watson.

It’s not a disparity. You don’t understand Accounting 101. See my explanation above.

All that was missing was a “Believe Me!”

2 Likes

“My name is Sue. How do you do. Now you’re gonna die” is the story of why Cleta became a lawyer and joined the NRA?

Methinks Cletus is a bit worried that her castle is about to crumble.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available