Discussion: Schlapp: Dems Raising Kavanaugh Allegations Now 'Incredibly Disturbing'

second that

2 Likes

Schlapp also said she spent a “lot of time” with Kavanaugh during their “younger years” and claimed the judge was “incredibly professional.”

Ambien is a hell of a drug

I am also in the category of believing they were well aware of the incident. And yes, they thought they had it buried but had preset background materials in case it wasn’t. That is a hell of a tap dance. Feinstein pulled the rug out from under them when they thought they bulled through it. (Imagine the McConnell Gulp).

But this is all a game they play. The good old boy’s club has been ascending but is hitting the top of their arc, gravity is pulling at them. They know by association who is capable of what behavior. They are friends, buddies, comrade’s at arms. An extension of the worse image of the jock’s who strutted about the school with impunity. The booster club cleaning up the messes they made. They are the golden ones. That is becoming readily apparent to me.

Like Bison, they are now gathering around one of the club members trying to sanitize that member’s image, not removing that him for impropriety. Their world is more important than the duty they have to the public. It is why the idea of extensive corruption and compromise is easy to think exists within the GOP. In fact, if a member does not have some dirt, he is a threat. This tic on Kavanaugh is not a surprise, just an incident that got away from them.

Edit{Case in point]

2 Likes

Dems Raising Kavanaugh Allegations Now ‘Incredibly Disturbing’
Of course gop finds this disturbing as there is no time to vet an alternative wingnut before the Senate goes “lame duck” and Dems gain a majority.
You snooze, you lose!

1 Like

There is no hiearchy at play here. They feel no duty to the public.

1 Like

Ultimately they look at that responsibility as a joke. I imagine they laugh about the rubes who buy into thinking that is what they are there for.

1 Like

I dunno about you, but I haven’t the first fucking clue about champagne, but Google is just too damn fun.

Friend just told me about the article about the friend in Huffington Post yesterday

We want no more of this…and Brett has been proven to lie twice already…

We have liars on the court already…Stop the rethug madness.

1 Like

But AFTER Mercedes Benz became the preferred automobile of rich Cuban, Nicaraguan, Argentinean, Guatemalan etc autocrats, dictators, playboys, gangsters, Telenovela actors and actresses, and after Janis Joplin’s famous song, many Latino families under the thrall of American cultural consumerism, named their daughters Mercedes. You can look it up…

When something is railroaded through at warp speed, as the GOP is doing with the Kavanaugh confirmation, there is no such thing as “last-minute.”

1 Like

So, just to be clear -

• Schlapp is yet another person who seems to believe, “If he did not commit that crime against me, he could not have committed that crime against anyone because people who commit crimes always commit them against every single person they interact with.”
  • Any delay whatsoever in sharing accusations of criminal activity nullifies the criminal activity

Got it.

Why tpm covering this? This is not worthy, on top of your site crashing all the time on my iPad.

I disagree. This is an official administration response that clearly shows they are more interested in derailing an investigation than finding out if their nominee has the kind of past that would undermine Supreme Court rulings.

Curious why you don’t think it’s worth reporting. Is it because it isn’t a surprise? If so, I’d say there are no surprises anymore, which is all the more reason we need to be kept informed.

I don’t suppose your ipad is waiting for an ios update?

3 Likes

Because it’s a window into the tactics that Kavanaugh, PP, and their women allies plan to use going forward. I like to stay up on these things.

2 Likes

Why are you reading it?

And then why are you bothering to comment on it?

2 Likes

Let’s not give him too much grief over it. I’ve occasionally the same sentiment over some stories (although I think this one is definitely newsworthy), and we don’t know whether a story has value or not if we haven’t read it.

Slightly OT - I love TPM, but my biggest gripe isn’t usually about whether a story is newsworthy; it’s that there are often several single paragraph stories on one topic that really should be consolidated into one post.

So we have “locker room talk,” and now we have “rough horseplay.” If drunk bastards rush into the women’s locker room, throw them to the floor, clamp hands over their mouths and grope them we have “locker room rough horseplay.”

Hey Brett, some guys are are waiting outside in a van, send your daughters out for some rough horseplay. Hopefully he’s asked next week to confirm that he’d find nothing wrong with that.

Sorry but I don’t recognize the person and I don’t understand why people just show up to bitch.

His TPM bio is available. He has 219 comments to date, and a spot check shows substantive comments.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available