Discussion: Schlapp: Dems Raising Kavanaugh Allegations Now 'Incredibly Disturbing'

Your snark meter needs adjustment.

1 Like

C’mon, explaining the ways of The Ghost to newbies takes all the fun out of watching them catch on later.

3 Likes

Decent chance this is Trump’s last year in office. Of course, that only helps your bet.

1 Like

WaPo had a link to this Mercury News article today. Ford agonized about coming forward in discussions with friends. Schlapp and others had better be careful what they say about her.

ETA. I just noticed that TPM already has this covered. It’s sometimes hard to find posts in this new format. But this is certainly relevant.

6 Likes

I thought Rachel Maddow did a good job last night of attempting to shame republicans into not repeating the unforced cruelty and humiliation of the Anita Hill hearing.

3 Likes

And I feel for them. I remember when they told Democrats it was cancelled forever.

2 Likes

McConnel shows his hand. The proper response is to rub their nose in their shit. They are concerned with political timing, at the expense of a woman’s (alleged) abuse. Their miscalculation is that this seat requires standards above ‘innocent until proven guilty’. That should be the focus. Make it a simple message, and repeat it often.

3 Likes

Your old people references don’t phase me, grandpa!!!

If Schlapp finds this disturbing, she must have been purple-in-the-face outraged over the Republicans refusal to meet with, let alone hold hearings for, Merrick Garland.

4 Likes

So, you never made it through The Count of Monte Cristo. Sad. :grinning:

2 Likes

The search for transparency and justice is disturbingly awful, yet she finds the attempted-rape allegation no biggie and the Merrick Garland Fiasco just a DC Gamer’s Delight.

4 Likes

IMO, Republicans didn’t “delay” consideration of Garland, they unilaterally canceled it.

1 Like

Which is significant because the only other thing that makes her purple in the face is when the wait staff brings her Moët & Chandon Bicentenary Cuvée Dry Imperial 1943 when SHE CLEARLY ASKED FOR Moet & Chandon Dom Perignon by Karl Lagerfeld.

3 Likes

These allegations are far, far worse than anything in the Franken case.

3 Likes

I retract my comment and apologise for my moment of bigotry. It’s just blonde synthoid women called Mercedes that disturb me.

(I will almost definitely walk back this comment as well, so savour it while it lasts)

2 Likes

This Mercedes Ruehls!

6 Likes

Look at all the women that I didn’t rape.

2 Likes

Keep that tacky bitch away from the Veuve Clicquot.

3 Likes

Just in the last few days I have seen everything from all men have tried it, to this is an outrage to suggest such a thing. Both can’t be true unless we wish it to be. So I conclude neither is true.

“Disturbing” to whom, you amoral shill?

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available