Discussion: Schiff: ‘Utterly Irresponsible’ For Trump To Announce Pelosi’s Plans To Travel ‘To A War Zone’

This is a false and deceptive statement—she wrote, “we should reschedule”. Also, what’s unprecedented is for a president who thinks it’s a good idea to give a SOTU in the midst of a government shutdown—that has never happened before. I.e., that is what is “unprecedented”.

Man does the false equivalency / bothsiderism bullshit get tiresome.

4 Likes

OT: Buzzfeed reporting that Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress about the Moscow Trump Tower project.

6 Likes

Yikes!!!
BOOM!!!

President Trump Directed His Attorney To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project
Trump received 10 personal updates from Michael Cohen and encouraged a planned meeting with Vladimir Putin.

trump did this from the Oval Office while in office.

12 Likes

Not legal, not cool.

Can’t wait for morning tweet storm.

4 Likes

If true, it’s a felony, clear and simple. Subornation of perjury.

7 Likes

I am not a lawyer buut it looks like obstruction to me

3 Likes

Ooopsie, well shows ya what I know.
I’ll take subornation of perjury cuz that’s worth jail time. I am not familiar with the legal terms.

3 Likes

I am a lawyer and it’s worse than obstruction. Actually, it’s a form of obstruction, but a very bad form with it’s own separate liability.

10 Likes

Breaking: 10:54pm

Buzzfeed: Feds say trump directed Cohen to lie to congress about trump tower Moscow project.
Family was awaiting news about project during campaign

6 Likes

OK well…I hafta get pop corn for the Cohen testimony.
Before I retired I was a research scientist and teacher in a medical school. Pretty far from the legal world.

4 Likes

But far more useful to the world. :+1:

5 Likes

Jill Wine Banks: obstruction and collusion.

The tRumptanic has potentially hit its first public ice berg

1 Like

Nah! We need legal eagles to keep the miscreants on the straight and narrow.

4 Likes

Melania Trump flies to Florida on government jet

very shortly after Trump unilaterally halts Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s trip to Afghanistan due to shutdown

Ha Ha … it is virtually impossible to imagine Obama pulling a childish stunt like this toward Boehner

8 Likes

A bit from the buzz feed article I linked to above:

“The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen
to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the
Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a
cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions
during his interviews with that office.”

9 Likes

Yes, there are very clear and very strict laws about this, and judges and prosecutors (as officers of the court system) care about protecting the courts against this.

Unlike general obstruction of justice, subornation of perjury has little room for political judgement, and no room for “Constitution sez his job makes it legal” claims.

If a Special Counsel wants to include this along with other sealed indictments, convictions, and guilty pleas to establish a pattern of breaking multiple laws trying to obstruct justice, then this could help substantiate that pattern. But for now, emphasis should be on the perjury-related business. Senators understand that.

3 Likes

I am not sure what senators understand anymore. Many times it seems they just ignore reality for the sake of the party or their election How much courage does it take in the face of tons of hard evidence that they need to impanel a group of senators to inquire into impeachment as was done during Watergate??

6 Likes

Trump went to Iraq on Dec 26th.

3 Likes

Schiff said “never in the anals’ of history”

1 Like

And revealed the location of a sensitive unit with faces of personnel.
And induced them to violate their no-campaigning regulations.

6 Likes