Discussion: Schiff: Trump Declassifying DOJ Materials ‘A Clear Abuse Of Power’

1 Like

This is an impeachable offense just as sure as Nixon ordering FBI to stand down and cheating on his personal taxes.

8 Likes

High up in a thread about what is potentially the most serious and consequential act Trump has taken yet in terms of the rule of law and national security, I have to say: Before long there’s going to be a piece on TPM about a certain Mario Kart character and the whole thing will just go mega-tawdry in a moment and stay so for maybe three days. If you were thinking of going to the vacation cabin in the woods upstate and staying offline while you’re there, now would be a good time.

6 Likes

McConnell & Ryan! Now what the fuck are you going to do? It’s your problem that you have ignored until it may be too late.

1 Like

Attack Mrs Ford.

1 Like

Not sure the TPM folks read these: but while this release is sure being hailed as terrible, can something be written that explains what can be done and who can do it?

Is this another case of something being called an impeachable offense and we (Democrats) have to wait until the House actually wants to take notice of and act on such offenses?

2 Likes

It’s time for Chris Wray and Dan Coats to refuse this direction and resign.

ETA: I’m so old I can remember when Republicans put the rule of law before the demands of their president.

5 Likes

I absolutely think it’s on Trump appointees to push back and uphold their oath of office.

4 Likes

Interesting…

3 Likes

Congressman Schiff has speculated that if and when this material is released it will be heavily redacted. National security staff including Coats and others know better than to release willy nilly whatever it is orange moron wants released. It’s not case of them saying “how high” when he says “jump.”

You guessed it!

Ok, so Justice and the FBI say this is “a red line that must not be crossed.” The question is, if it’s crossed, what are they going to do about it?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available