Discussion: Schiff Criticizes Comey: 'We Know Less Than A Fraction Of What The FBI Knows'

1 Like

But wait a minute! The laptop! The emails! The world had to know!

Only if there’s a D after your name, I guess…

12 Likes

I will not be surprised if Blimp wants his son-in-law to be the special prosecutor, irregardless of whether he is qualified.

5 Likes

Director Comey or “one of ours” as Trump calls him…

6 Likes

Well, to be fair, if it could embarass Hillary Clinton, we got to know all-the-fuck-about it. And just in time for the election, too.

6 Likes

Interestingly, Comey’s refusal to say either whether they’re investigating anyone, who they are or have investigated or why he won’t say is equally consistent with a cover-up and an active investigation of the president himself.

22 Likes

Subpoena the living shit out of Comey, Sessions, Bannon, Drumpf, etc. etc. etc…

9 Likes

Comey is a Republican weasel, but I suspect Nunes may have some Russian links too. He was on Trump’s team before the election and during the transition. He was one of the people the WH sent out a week or two ago to “talk” to the media. May be Comey doesn’t want him to have info?

Just giving the weasel the benefit of the doubt.

14 Likes

So Comey has all this info about Trump and the Russians that he withholds, and yet just had to go public about Weiner’s laptop emails? WTF?

11 Likes

All of that info is under IRS audit, and cannot be released until they finish.

10 Likes

Nunes was one of those carrying water for the WH, trying to refute the NYT story that the WH tried to pressure Comey to absolve them of Russian ties.

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2017/02/24/officials-trump-adviser-asked-fbi-to-dispute-russia-reports

2 Likes

It’s quite a quandary, isn’t it?

On the one hand, Trump, Sessions, et al. are doing everything they can behind the scenes to muzzle it.

On the other hand, Comey, the IC, et al. know that revealing too much tips off the moles and their handlers.

(And gets people killed.)

I suppose we just need to put our faith in a successful Kindertransport of incriminating evidence by the outgoing Obama administration.

19 Likes

I suspect he is giving them a GLOMAR response. He may be prevented from confirming or denying the existence of an investigation. This gives me hope.

8 Likes

"…It was unclear whether that decision was a decision he was making on his own or a decision that he is making in consultation with the Department of Justice.”

Mr. Schiff, I realize you have to be diplomatic but… c’mon!.. don’t shit a shitter. It’s the latter and we both know it.

1 Like

Never forget that McConnell and Comey tried to keep the lid on this in the fall. McConnell threatened Obama that he would raise Hell. When this deal goes down, they both need to come clean as well.

7 Likes

McConnell. Do not forget McConnell.

5 Likes

James Comey, you ARE the weakest link! Good-bye.

1 Like

Right. And in fact, if there is no investigation, there is no conflict in publicly announcing this. Ergo…
Schiff knows this too. He is just inviting people to make inferences.

2 Likes

Also, to be fair, maybe Comey has learned something?

Too little, too late? Maybe, sure. It definitely comes across as painfully partisan, too. But there’s so much painfully, blatantly corrupt and outright evil coming from the government right now that I need some not-entirely-dismal perspective. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

As the appointment of a special prosecutor nears and/or the Republicans are forced or shamed into pushing forward with Congressional investigations, when do we get to start hearing those sweet words of there’s really something we’ve got to hide - “executive privilege”?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available