Discussion: Scarborough: Trump Is The President Of The White Nationalist Movement

It’s a deliberate misrepresentation of the data. Yes they have the highest number of groups and you’d think that would be logical in that they have the largest population. But per capita, SPLC ranks Montana number 1.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2017/02/17/10-states-with-the-most-hate-groups-2/4/

Don’t know about the overall newsworthiness of the site, but the info they use was obtained through an interview with the SPLC, and seemed properly sourced.

2 Likes

Ha…speaking of the Bowtied Buttboy, I just watched some jackass on his show engage in a lengthy explanation that tearing down statues and digging up graves and plowing over cemeteries and other such iconoclast behavior is “endemic to the left”. They then went on to compare a bunch of students angry about ongoing racism and the recent rise of white nationalism to Mao and the Taliban.

I shit you not.

Edit: Oh, and I almost forgot…it’s now a “thing” that “Soros funds both the alt-right and the alt-left.”

2 Likes

No, we don’t have to “figure out why he did it.” We already know why he did it. What he have to do about it is give Democrats a majority in Congress in 2018. None of the outrage about this matters if Republicans continue to hold a majority. The Republican agenda and Trump’s rubber stamp for taking away healthcare from millions, for yanking voter registration from millions of legitimate voters and for transferring trillions in wealth upward will go forward if Donald Trump Leader of the Republican Party continues to have a Congressional majority behind him.

1 Like

You’re surprised?

They really do think they have everyone fooled when they come up with shit like this.

Yes they do. And they do have a lot of people fooled, so they just keep replaying the same olden goldie hits over and over. It’s so immoral and venal it’s beyond words. Right wing madness sells.

3 Likes

Indeed. But they will fiercely defend their misinformation campaigns. They really do think they have everyone fooled when they come up with shit like this. One of the members of the Faux News KKKomment boards brain trust actually got so mad at me when I asked him if 5 groups of 3 is worse than 1 group of 3,000 that he followed me through the thread ranting at me whenever I posted haha

I suppose we shouldn’t be surprised though…they are METHbillies, not MATHbillies after all…

3 Likes

No. Just keeping abreast of the ever new and evolving brain damage they’re spewing.

3 Likes

This is so telling. It is 2017 and Joe is my hero? Wow. 'Nuff said.

2 Likes

We’re mixing it up in the old US of A. The bottle’s spinning, and where it will stop, and who we’ll wind up kissing, nobody knows.

But we can hope it’s a lot of people.

1 Like

To me, Scarborough is Trump with a dash of integrity, a pinch of ethics, and a tablespoon of intelligence. Otherwise he is just a another narcissistic blowhard who tries to jump on the winning side- sort of the Republican version of Chris Matthews, who I also cannot stand to listen to. They both seem to think talking loud and interrupting people is the pinnacle of intelligent debate. The amount of nuance in their collective brains isn’t enough to pop a soap bubble. Mile wide and an inch deep.

That being said, few things give me as much joy these days as watching Republicans turn on Trump. God I hope they all continue this circular firing squad for a long, long time.

5 Likes

They’re all in “Okiefornia,” i.e., the Central Valley, “the empty quarter,” i.e., the north central valley, or The Inland Empire.

1 Like

"…he called on fellow Republicans to avoid indifference or “granting Donald Trump the sort of moral equivalency that Donald Trump granted Nazis, white supremacists and Klans members.”

Not bad, Joe, not bad. I guess you know about false equivalency. In any case, keep it up. Your fellow Repubs are trying to hide, so a bit of public shaming might help put them in the spotlight.

I know this is an old story, but am I the only one who won’t offer any real sympathy for Republican defectors this late in the game? I’d like to applaud people’s ability to change their mind and see the light, but for Christ’s-sake, Donald Trump ran on an openly white supremacist platform, complete with the acceptance of an endorsement by the head of the Ku Klux Klan. The time to bail on the GOP for some sort of moral high ground is a ship that sailed decades ago, with Trump’s primary win at the absolute latest.

2 Likes

That is one of the elements of Trump’s gambit - People who are smart and steeped in political experience are highly inclined to try to look through the smoke screens - to discount the bombastic, to cut though the facade - to hear the constant roar of political hyperbole and try to sift out the practical political agenda behind it - and traditionally virtually ALL of the agendas in the US political field of play out there were right & left & center - but generally technically ‘in-bounds’ - and politics was played in accordance with some unwritten rules of decorum.
Virtually no ‘experts’ were going to jump to the conclusion that the man taking the ‘oath of office’ was in fact bent upon going to war with the essential moral fiber of this nation - and aggressively acting to dismantle the government.

Scarborough - maybe by virtue of his rough encounters - has reached the tipping point - and seems to have recognized the heinous nature of this unstable crazed manipulative megalomaniac

Hard as it might be for some to believe - everyone must wake up to the reality that Trump is an insane maniac who is now vigorously at war with the very principles of this nation - and is plotting his path to total dictatorial complete control.

1 Like
1 Like

Absolutely correct - Trump has repugnant & vile bigotry woven throughout every ounce of his being

• was reared on it.
2 Likes

Woody Guthrie basically described Mean King Chaos a long time ago. DJT…this one’s for you.

When it came to tRump’s old man however…it was pretty straight forward who he was describing and what kind of bigot he saw in him. He was sure to call out the hate by name too. Most GOPers still can’t do that with that bigot in the WH, even after yesterday’s depressing display of tRump’s moral failings and total lack of leadership.

1 Like

Good comment, Joe. However, the time for weighty comments has passed. It is now time to agitate every day for Trump to resign or be removed from office as being unfit to be President.

2 Likes

wagonmound, Please do not be fooled into thinking that Trump’s unfitness is the worst thing happening in this country. Things will get much worse if this Republican Congress has Mike Pence in the White House, moving their agenda with cool efficiency. As bad as Trump is, we need him in place until one or both houses of Congress are back in Dem hands.

1 Like

NO.

Trump is unacceptable. Pence would not be able to advance anyone’s agenda if he took over. He would only be a place holder until 2020 and Trump is dangerous in ways Pence is not.

2 Likes

Whereas Trump is dangerous, Pence is worse because he understands how to govern. The very thought of he and “Mother” being in the White House is scary as anything. Having a Dominionist Weasel, who advocates for his form of theocracy, should frighten even real conservatives. What on earth have the deplorables done to us?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available