Discussion: Sarah Huckabee Sanders: VA Restaurant Kicked Me Out 'Because I Work For POTUS'

This is a win-win situation. The restaurant owner doesn’t have to be nauseated by serving Sanders, and the Trumpskies can whine about how unfairly they are treated in this country.

4 Likes

Yup, and kick 'em until they stop moving.

2 Likes

Bakers denying wedding cakes to gay patrons was my first thought, too. A business open to the public denying service based on the owner’s personal religious “moral convictions” is wrong, which is why many years ago we decided laws were required to prevent it.

This administration and its appointees actively support such bigotry when it’s directed at people on their personal lists of those who don’t deserve equal treatment. That it happened to SHS delights me – “shoe on the other foot” and all that.

That she has the mendacity to say, “I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so” just made me laugh. Evidently her family doesn’t have a DVR so she can watch her daily performances in this reality show we live in.

5 Likes

I love this pic of My Nancy. It’s opening night at SF Opera earlier this year with her husband Paul. Take her out of a power suit, she’s gorgeous.

8 Likes

I am now almost chortling over the idea the Royals could invite Donald to Blighty… just to introduce him to the happy couple… Perhaps they could ask Monty Python to reunite for one performance?

1 Like

I would like to say that this restaurant participates in racism and bigotry.

foxnews.com/politics/201…

The Liberal Left must understand that having Trump Derangement Syndrome is not justification for taking revenge on those who align themselves with the Conservative position and/or President Trump.

Us ‘Trumpettes’, ‘Deplorables’ or whatever else you want to identify us by are a group of American individuals with a similar view point and belief. Just like Christians, Muslims, African-Americans (Blacks), Irish, Jews, Italians, Mexicans, etc. etc. we represent a segment of American Society that can be identified as a group. For the Left to hold such animosity, anger and vile towards us is no different than those who would hold the same against any of the aforementioned groups. It’s called RACISM.

Do not be a patron of this restaurant as they practice RACISM and bigotry.

1 Like

Which brings up something I have always wondered about. Why is it Fem politicos dress up in pantsuits instead of looking like the ladies they are? Is it a subconscious thinking the male politicos won’t respect them unless they look like intimation guys? I’ve seen the same thing in business. And, as previously noted, it doesn’t get any respect from the thugs and mugs.
Imagine her wearing that dress on the House floor. (Imagine the outrage from disturbed expectations!)
Isn’t it time for a little “up your nose with a rubber hose”?

I know, I’m weird.

Wow! A Republican kicked out of a restaurant in Lexington Va? Why old Bobby Lee must be rolling over in his grave. There’s a blue wave coming. LETS GO BLUE WAVE

1 Like

No, they did not. That was a very narrow decision based on the specifics of that case, basically it was the state that was shown to be discriminating. Read up on it.

The broader decision has not been made, but it will likely say discrimination of any kind is wrong. And in this case, this business owner has no right to do what they did. I can’t stand her, but when you own a business you need to play by the rules, and no discrimination of any kind is allowed.

" I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so"

is this her idea of a joke?
words fail…

4 Likes

At the next presser, every time she says something, the correspondents should thank her for her courtesy and respectful speech.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with the philosophy of refusing to serve someone simply because you disagree with their politics … however I also strongly disagree with Sanders’ self-assessment regarding how she treats others, especially the press corps.

So many comments on here on how they loved this, when in fact as you say this is 100% wrong. Discrimination is wrong. Period. I don’t like your politics and I am sure the feeling is mutual, but we both have a right to be served by ANY business.

SCOTUS didn’t say any such thing.

The ruling was narrow and cowardly—it said that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission couldn’t base decisions on its own prejudices.

2 Likes

SHS gets more unhinged every day.

Maybe she should shop here…

7 Likes

Thanks for the abbreviated treatment of SHS quotes of this theme. There must be many hundreds of them.

2 Likes

Who cares? I don’t.

The Supreme Court has not decided that. You did not read up on the case. In that case it was decided that the State of Colorado were showing discrimination, and they were. Even 2 liberal justices agreed and voted with the majority. They did NOT do that because they think you should not have to make a gay wedding cake, that is false.

SCOTUS will not allow discrimination of any kind for businesses. And this is discrimination.

1 Like

It’s pretty amazing how many people are just clueless on that case. Conservatives have the majority of the market on ignorance, but the left has their crowd as well. Two liberal justices sided with the baker on that decision, and it was obviously NOT because they felt the baker should have been allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

1 Like

In general, yes.

Again—in general, yes. But restaurants and other business have long had the right to refuse service to individuals—as long as the refusal is not based on that individual’s membership in a protected class.

So far, Lying Assholes are not a protected class.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available