Discussion: Santorum: 'I Don't Know' What The Pope Is Talking About Anymore

Mr. Frothy’s inner thought: NOW you tell us…

I feel exactly the same way about santorum and the gop every Sunday. Just change the channel Rick.

Rick Santorum - Difficult to listen to, impossible to vote for.

I know this from personal experience. I was very happy to vote against him back in '06.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

I’m always interested to hear the actual story behind popular quotations. Just shows the enduring significance of playing the telephone game with your kids, if nothing else.

1 Like

“Those with hubristic clarity of their rightness view even small set backs as a profound affront, an attack on one’s gilded identity.”

1 Like

Yeah, it just makes your vile, filthy, authoritarian Iron Age skull explode to hear him talk like Jesus, doesn’t it? It makes you froth at the mouth.

“But when he speaks in interviews, he’s giving his own opinions, which I certainly will listen to, but from my perspective…”

Oh, now – tut tut! You’re skating on blasphemous ice with that arrogance of yours, thinking you know better than your deity! “But” my ass! The Pope is the representative of your deity, isn’t he? Are you suggesting he keeps hours, where sometimes he’s on and sometimes he’s off, thereby enabling you to decide what you should and should not respect?

Man, you are one perverted piece of work. You really do make this shit up as you go along, don’t’cha, Fetus Fondler?

So is Santorum.

Exactly. Multiplying too much means we reduce the chances that our offspring will turn out to be “fruitful”.

Takes a whole lot more upbringing nowadays than it did back when herding goats was considered a career. Too many kids means we cut back on their education and parent time, and that’s critical to being a successful adult.

1 Like

Santorum went on to repeat several times, “I don’t know what the Pope was referring to here.”

Now Ricky knows how WE felt listening to his speeches when he ran for President.

Ricky…you’re always difficult to listen to. Just go away.

hell if looking like a fool was the frothy one’s only problem he would have it good… ya know the ole sayin hey ricky better to keep ones moth closed and be percived to be a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt…he just can help himself

“I don’t know what the Pope was referring to here.”

He doesn’t know what the Pope was referring to here, but when the wingnut 2 previous Popes we Catholics endured spoke “…off the cuff…”, he understood everything they were referring to. Go figure. I guess this Pope used words with more than 2 syllables, causing Mr. Santorum (in both senses of the word) great confusion and lack of comprehension.

What I don’t understand is that the Church encourages using condoms during sex if it will prevent the spread of HIV, but it they are used as birth control, then you have committed a mortal sin. I still can’t get any of the priests, monsignors or bishops I have spoken with to answer that at all, let alone an explanation that is not hypocritical and illogical.

REALLY?? Pull your head out. Lighten up? Who? Who needs to butt out? Butt out. Idiot.

Next up for Conservative Catholics who refuse the word of the Pope is to declare the Catholic Church as a non-tax exempt organization.

1 Like

I’m not a Catholic, but even I know that it is doctrine for the Pope to be infallible. Hence, he is NEVER giving ‘his opinion’, Senator Santorum, he is telling you His will. It is not for you to cherry pick Papal statements. It’s your job to follow them.

Leave the cherry picking to heathens like me!

1 Like

I know what you mean Ricky…I have the same problem when I listen to you, only instead of “sometimes” it’s pretty much all the time.

I’m Catholic and I still cherry-pick (way more than I probably should).

1 Like

Translation: I’ll just pick and choose the teachings of the Church I want to follow while I call liberals the cafeteria Catholics I am. - Rick Santorum

Ah, okay…my bad. Sometimes I have trouble understanding what people are trying to say :slight_smile:

I know…I use to have to report on the nutjob.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available