Discussion: Sanders Supporters Secure Permits For Protest Near July Dem Convention

They’re not trying to change anything, they’re throwing a hissy fit because they didn’t get their way.

15 Likes

Good. There’s kooks protesting outside of every convention. Keep the violence and the troublemakers quarantined and marginalized outside, and off the convention floor. The convention is for unitiing as a party around our nominee, not for performance art.

12 Likes

When Bernie and his supporters burn this whole thing down cause they didn’t get their way they will never accept responsibility for it

6 Likes

Does that “half” include all the indies, GOP-ers and just plain trolls who crossed over and voted in open primaries and caucuses?

The 2010 election was one of the most important in U.S. political history. Fair-weather voters stayed home and handed the House, state legislatures and Governorships to the GOP, ensuring much of what these fair-weather people are complaining about now.

If I did a Venn Diagram of the BernieBots and the 2010 absentees, I would probably get a hell of an overlap.

32 Likes

Let the cult of personality prosper and flourish. Soon there will be legends about Bernie swimming across the Potomac and back each morning before breakfast.

People will memorize and recite from the “Sayings of Chairman Bernie”-

“Let me just say this”
“Millionaires and Billionaires”
“But at the end of the day”
“Secretary Clinton is”
“As I understand it.”

28 Likes

Wall Street Fat Cats and the Democrat party will most likely implant rabble rousers and violence doers to make Bernie Supporters look bad. Watch for Clintonistas IMPLANTS and feel the BERN!!1!!!one!1!!1!!!1

7 Likes

Let bells ring
Let the firmament glow

Let the Trump re-location camps** begin apace

** Separate camps for beaners, negroes and wimmins

3 Likes

I’m guessing that “The city anticipates 30,000 people will attend the gathering…” comes from those applying for the permit. 1) “How many people do you expect to attend?”

3 Likes

Supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders’ (I-VT) presidential campaign have secured permits to hold rallies near the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia in July

I don’t get their lack of confidence.
Weaver has already assured Sanders’ supporters that there is a narrow path to victory.

3 Likes

Per WSJ those events are organized independent of the campaign, so the truth of it aside, technically the campaign can again claim they have nothing to do with it even if the events go Nevada.

Those protest events will be aired throughout the convention when more voters finally start to pay attention to the general election… reporters interview protestors and they say how corrupt the Democratic Party is and how Sanders deserves the nomination etc. Not hard to imagine what narrative will dominate the media. God, I hate those people who can’t tell friends and enemies.

11 Likes

And they won’t make one bit of difference. Hillary will get the nomination, and if they start any riots outside - where no one inside the loud and frenetic convention will even know or care what’s going on with the Sandernistas outside - I am sure they will end up in the slammer. But if you’re going to protest and end up in jail, why not do it in Cleveland during the GOP convention? What a bunch of assholes. Yeah, try to burn down the Democratic Party so Trump wins and the GOP turns around and shoves Bernie’s “evolution” right up their collective assholes.
I guess some people were born yesterday.

17 Likes

In all honesty?

By July, not many… they’ll be in the middle of their legendary summer vacay by then

5 Likes

> The whole Bernie movement is an ideology. If Bernie wins the nomination, wins the presidency, that would be amazing.

How about winning a local, state or midterm election in 2018? Then I’ll be impressed with this “ideology”. I’m not holding my breath.

14 Likes

True – and since Bernie walks only the straight and narrow, he’s a shoe-in!

I truly think Bernie will be a nonentity by July, myself. Obviously, patience is not his supporters’ strong suit.

I suppose we’ll see him on TV at the rally then.

Relative prosperity and an un-invaded country makes for a population dumbed down to depths never seen in Europe, Africa, Latin America, Asia.

NOWHERE

There is not one individual in those continents who has no connection with people descended from the ranks of DP’s**, refugees, victims of genocide…

** Displaced Persons…a term used after WWII

6 Likes

They’re basically the people who tried to hijack the Anti-Iraq war protests. The puppet brigades… ANSWER The anarchist skinhead dickbags climbing chainlink fence and shaking it.

Their purpose in life is to discredit anything worth a damn, until it’s time for them to put down their toys and go be good little Republican suckups.

How else they gonna get that trust fund?

3 Likes

Wandering between stages 2 and 3 of the Kubler-Ross scale?

7 Likes

America needs a privileged white kid protest. But what are they protesting, Bernie’s loss? This elitist movement is sad and pathetic. It is a revolution of ignorance that represents a very small percentage of the voting population with an extremely over-blown sense of importance.

They will not be convinced of the real danger of their extremist intransigence and, quite frankly, it doesn’t matter to them that Single mothers, minorities, gays, women and the poor cannot afford four years of Trump or his supreme court appointees. They have created a false god in Sandalf the Grey and their magical wizard demands purity without thought. Revolution without cause and hatred of an invented enemy.

19 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available