Discussion: Ryan And Meadows Erupt Into Shouting Match On House Floor Over Immigration

Mark Meadows (R-NC) and House Speaker Paul Ryan (D-WI) confronted each other furiously on the House floor, per a Thursday Politico report.

When did Ryan become a Democrat?

18 Likes

Never mind the bill, dude. It’s your whole misbegotten party that isn’t ready for prime time, and hasn’t been for decades. #MAGA

54 Likes

I’ve often wondered why Meadows and his assholes call themselves the freedom caucus. Freedom for who and from what?

38 Likes

So two powerful dudes - bent on breaking America in service to the Koch brothers - got caught up in the pressure cooker-bomb the President and his Millerite/Bannonist set into play be ripping migrant children from the arms of their parents.

In short - being bent on breaking America is still the common goal - but from time to time the optics are so bad that the complete bamboozlement of half of America starts to slip resulting in voter and then MasterofChaosinChief turmoil - and then their tempers’ flare.

Got it.

23 Likes

Notably absent from all of these goings on: any adults. You know: the folks with D after their names.

ETA: Even if TPM tries to make Ryan a D.

10 Likes

Freedom from dignity, civility, and love of country and all who live here.

14 Likes

Freedom from having to be seen as equal to or live among brown people.

13 Likes

Too bad neither one uses a cane…

That was obviously a typo. It should have read, “…Paul Ryan (D-Bag-WI)…”

35 Likes

For themselves and from responsibility

7 Likes

Freedom from black dude as preznit.

15 Likes

He got fed up, furiously denounced the GOP, and declared he was changing parties. It’s just there’ve been so many other scandals and shocking stories it got lost in the mix.

4 Likes

Freedom to love crispy, tasty fried potato shapes.

2 Likes

Here is how the world sees people with the letter R after their name.

42 Likes

That;'s because you don’t fit into modern Conservative thinking. That is…you do think about things. Freedom is a buzzword on GOP circles. It doen’t really mean anything. It’s just a “good word”. And it’s worked fairly well for them. They’ve had success portraying themselves as the party of Freedom party ( for the most part all they do is take things away…including freedoms ) and the tough party ( including their draft dodgers ) . There’s a vast swath of people in America that don’t think. Regan saw that and worked at collectivizing them and making them GOP’ers with words like Freedom. It worked well.

" A man comes on the radio and tells me how white my shirts can be
But he can’t be a man because he doesn’t smoke the same brand of cigarettes as me "

That was Mick Jagger having the same head trip that I did when I first came to the USA…WTF is with these people!

5 Likes

The article leaves out the only reason Meadows and his fellow loons have any power at all: the Child-Molester Rule. If Ryan or anyone else in the republican leadership were willing to engage the other 193 members of the house, they could pass a compromise bill with no problem. Well, one problem: it would be a genuine compromise instead of a compromise between the people who want to burn the country down and the ones who want to loot it first.

34 Likes

I suggest pistols at 10 paces.

7 Likes

OT:

1 Like

the general consensus is that Meadows felt jerked around by GOP leadership, who felt jerked around by Meadows and his powerful caucus.

3 Likes

Since they were founded during the Obama era, I would say it is the Freedom to ignore election results you don’t like.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available