Discussion: Rupert Murdoch: Fox News Harassment Scandals ‘All Nonsense’

“There was a problem with our chief executive, sort of over the years, but isolated instances. As soon as we investigated it, he was out of the place within hours.”

“Well, three or four days,” Murdoch hedged.

See! See! That’s how men handle a problem! When an issue comes up, you deal with it! Over and out the door in hours, if not days. No lollygagging around or ineffective bureaucratic nonsense.

After all, if this shit sees the light of day after decades of effort trying to supress it, then we better deal with it quick. Otherwise, folks might want a change in leadership…

1 Like

It’s funny you say that because Dan Johnson’s widow was saying exactly that last night.

4 Likes

She has a show again? I used to love her old show.

2 Likes

She does. I’m trying to remember when it comes on - we caught it accidentally the first couple of times. This season may be close to ending - she’s spent it doing Dame Judy Dench and Dame Maggie Smith, hilariously, Angela Merkel and she’s better than Kate McKinnon and I don’t say that lightly, and the Murdochs at home which is just fucking hysterical.

4 Likes

Wonderful. It’s on HBO and the episodes are available on demand.

2 Likes

Yeah - I just went out back to ask my husband what channel it was on.

It’s well worth watching. She continues to amaze me and I don’t understand why she never gets any older. She’s been around for a minute - she was in a Bob Altman movie and he’s been dead for years.

2 Likes

Why yes…I was just reading that some person just defended OMAROSA with the same argument…of course, she threw in we hate her because we’re racist argument too…

He spread the money around to get workarounds regarding licensing for papers + tv/radio in the same markets. Recall that he (using Harper’s a FOX-owned publishing company) gave Gingrich a large 6-figure advance for a stupid book nobody was going to read. Congress then bent over like the cheap whore it is.

Yeah, I think we can definitely move him into the “almost certainly” column.

I heard somewhere that Fox News is an industrial scale sexual harassment factory. Didn’t Murdoch find one of his so-called wives by hitting on an anchor in one of his television stations?

That’s like Murdoch saying only a few Jews and liberals trying to protect them were killed in the Holocaust.

Murdoch is from the same sub species as little lying Donnie Trump and pervert pretend cowboy Roy the pervert Moore.

Murdoch…example of what happens when you let rape and sexual assault slide under payouts and NDA’s that enable the perverts and rapists to keep their money and standard of living. Put them in jail - formalize bill o’reilly’s record as a rapist!

Why is the US such a magnet for crooked and immoral robber barons? Why the hell are we allowing such wretched families as the Murdoch’s, Trump’s, Koch’s, numerous Russian mafia billionaires, Melania and her parents (father is a registered communist), and etc.

Imagine the US if we exterminated away all the robber barons! Get rid of Trump, Koch, Murdoch, Gates, Buffet, Ross, little Betsy, and the rest of them. Imagine being the world’s #1 exporter of corrupt robber barons!!

Rupert Murdoch, the co-executive chairman of 21st Century Fox, said
Thursday that the multiple sexual harassment scandals that rocked Fox
News were “all nonsense,” aside from that of the network’s late chairman
Roger Ailes.

Obscene amounts of money sometimes makes people say really stupid stuff

Why is Luis Gutierrez on your list of GOP Cocksuckers? And Gene Green?

Rupert Murdoch is a businessman - not a journalist - does not even slightly respect the concept of journalism - he identified a market segment (hateful mouth breathing morons angry at the world) and identified that they hated objective news - they wanted news that would make them happy - they wanted news that would tell them that their bigotry and prejudices were reasonable - and actually just fine. They were sick of getting messages that they were wrong when they had urges to abuse minorities - just because they did not like their looks.

So Murdoch became a news whore - he created a product that pandered to the bigotry & hate - and because this target audience craved being pleasured with news that only told them what they wanted to hear - Murdoch’s business was able to successfully exploit the bigots - journalism be damned,

I think more likely is that even now, Rupert Murdoch does not get it. Arrogant entitled evil old wrinkled prune face sonofabitch just does not get it. He has probably demanded sex from many work subordinates all the way back to his Australian tabloid days where his formula for success was always T&A, lots of sports coverage, and right wing simplistic bloviating.

Because we let them buy their way in. Literally.

All this rage about would-be immigrants who pin their hopes on the miniscule chance they’ll be allowed by lottery to even apply to be vetted; yet you can get in easily if you make sufficient investments in the US. “Sufficient” in this case being a cool one million dollars. Yes, you can launder your ill-gotten gains and get permanent lawful residency here, all for one low price! A price that is, needless to say, a bit out of the reach of your average Mexican construction worker.

EAT: And you get to keep your money, unless of course you’ve invested in a Trump property.

I find it interesting that the two media companies Murdoch chose to keep were Fox News and ESPN - the two parts of his ‘empire’ rife with charges of harassment.

His stockholders might want to swap their stock in Fox for Disney…

Forgot to take them off the list. I did take off some but missed them.

1 Like

It’s ok. Sorry for being a nit picker.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available