Discussion: Rudy Giuliani Is Our Duke Of The Week

Maybe Rudy deserves a special one just for today. He’s just making it up as he goes along.

6 Likes

And then we’ll be over this shit show. It can’t last forever – and it won’t.

2 Likes

I like the way you think! I don’t know who the graphic artist is either.

A quick Google Image search revealed:

Best guess for this image: Abigail Adams

Abigail Adams was the closest advisor and wife of John Adams, as well as the mother of John Quincy Adams.

I’m pretty sure Adobe didn’t release the beta version of Photoshop before 1818, so Abby wouldn’t have had one. I’m not so sure, however, of the Google-inspired cosmic implications.

So, back at square one, we don’t yet know who to send your brilliant edit to. I don’t know about you but I’m beginning to verge on verklempt. Oy.

BTW I see a great career ahead of you in cosmetics advertising.

2 Likes

Though Abby was ahead of her time; but there’s no way she’d have used the same word twice. The search continues…

1 Like

Bumpersticker:

I :heart: Pathetic, Anal-retentive
LANGUAGE NAZIS
… and Reference Librarians

7 Likes

:blush:

(and Editors…)

2 Likes

If you haven’t seen it, the SNL cold open was epic. It had a “cast of thousands,” including Jimmy Fallon (sounding a lot like a certain famous cartoon mouse) and Scarlet Johansen as Jared and Ivanka, and Ben Stiller as Michael Cohen. Giuliani was portrayed by Kate McKinnon. (The makeup person(s) on SNL really do an amazing and too often unsung job.) Her Giuliani was trying to reveal a new crime on the next 25 tv appearances, like an advent calendar. Another special guest star was Stormy Daniels, as . . . .Stormy Daniels. (And she got to say the “live from New York” opening line, with Baldwin as Trump.)

1 Like

Never pays his debts? That’s what I thought, too, but he does seem to have payed off Cohen… maybe to ensure his help with the next mess?

1 Like

And I just watched someone who was at least presented as being Rudy Giuliani on This Week, and he was so confused that he sounded almost as if he was having a seizure. It actually made me worry about him a little.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available