Discussion: Rubio Asks Court To Dismiss Complaint Arguing He's Not 'Natural Born Citizen'

I apologize for the huge, moist snorts of anguish I keep emitting on behalf of these two august anchor babies.

8 Likes

Yes, you can’t win on looks alone.
Or maybe, “looks alone” is what we are talking about.

I love it that the whole birther thing is coming back to bite
these assholes; if they had never started it with Obama,
I doubt it would be an issue today for them;

24 Likes

Donald Trump has a Scottish mother, so maybe not.

8 Likes

Rubio wants to make it clear: he’s an anchor baby.

3 Likes

Yeah, this was another RWNJ meme that spread around after the full birth certificate came out and many of them accepted that he was born in Hawaii. They dug up from French philosopher from the 1700s (because you know how much teabagger love Frenchies) who made a distinction between native-born citizens (those merely born in the country) and natural-born citizens, who must have both parents be citizens. That was Obama would be disqualified no matter what.

Of course, it makes you wonder why they never thought of that before going through five years of rigamarole about birth certificates…

3 Likes

Trump’s mom was born in Scotland. This is so funny. So, did Trump’s mom come here as an immigrant??

6 Likes

Marco’s an anchor baby! Marco’s an anchor baby! Marco’s an anchor baby!

6 Likes

All have to say about this is: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

4 Likes

Not a Rubio fan – but he was born on US soil so he is without question, a native born citizen – and it does not matter legally that his parents weren’t citizens. The only people who give a shit are far right deluded racists. As for Cruz – I am in favor of any effective action that makes him just go away – he is that dangerous a threat to this country and the world. However, if he is legally deemed to be not native born, then we’ll see the downgrading of citizenship status of every child born abroad to an american parent. I don’t think that a positive development. It would be infinitely better if Cruz was dispensed with by other means. A well targeted lightening bolt would be just perfect.

7 Likes

Who brought the lawsuit and what did Trump pay them?

2 Likes

I don’t think any of our presidents were born to two parents who were not born in the United States. Thomas Jefferson’s father was born in Virginia but his mother was born in London (Jefferson himself was born in Virginia). Barack Obama was born in the US and one of his parents, of course, was a US citizen.

So, Rubio, born in the US but to two parents who were not born in the US and were not citizens at the time does constitute a distinct case that might need to be settled in court.

As ironically funny as this is, the suit should be dismissed for lack of standing. It DOES bring up an interesting point, namely, who WOULD have standing to oppose a candidate’s legitimacy to be sworn in as president? The Electoral College, maybe?

2 Likes

Maybe Jim Gilmore?? :wink:

1 Like

There is a question regarding Rubio because neither parent was a citizen.

Unfortunately, that’s only his ‘competency age’.

You’re entitled to your own opinion, but the phrase in the Constitution is ‘natural born’ and means more in context than native born. At the writing, natural born included both being in the country and being the offspring of a citizen father.

Any candidate who does not get the nomination has a cause of action against Rubio or Cruz.

Unfortunately, no. The poorly written 14th Amendment and subsequent statutes confirm that the “accident of birth” indeed confirms citizenship.

1 Like

The Repubs birther antics against Obama are boomeranging on them. So be it!

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available