Discussion: Roy Moore's Neo-Confederate Sugar Daddy Has Deep Ties To Secessionists

Trump: I like the idea of secession. Freedom. I wish I had endorsed Billy Ray in the primaries.
FOX: After secession, we can become a territory for Putin.

1 Like

It’s easy to coach from the comfort of our barcaloungers, especially when we get to assume that money is no object and there’s no such thing as an opportunity cost.

Every dollar they spend here is a dollar they can’t spend on someone else. All of the indicators are that the most they can do is make it another close loss. And if that’s all they buy, and the price of doing that is lacking the money to take advantage of opportunities that arise by next November, it will clearly be a mistake, but if they win in Alabama it’s huge.

And here’s the other thing. In Alafuckingbama, the League of the South and its racist secessionism is old news, Moore’s Dominionism is old news and Moore’s connection to racist separatists is no secret and yet, he kept winning high office even after twice violating his oath as a supreme court justice. And yet still he wins.

I don’t necessarily think the DSCC is the drawer where the Democrat Party’s sharpest knives are kept. But I know I don’t envy them being the one who has to make this decision.

15 Likes

repeatedly argued that slavery had been good for black people

I heard a guy say this once. Worked in law enforcement. I politely suggested that if it was so good for black folks, maybe we should bring it back.

His eyes lit up until I added, “For everyone. White and black. How much do you think your daughter would go for? She seems a little rebellious for a 5-year-old, but I’m sure that’s nothing a solid whipping couldn’t remedy.”

Conversation got a little uncomfortable after that.

21 Likes

Ah, remember when Markos Moulitsas (of DailyKos fame) wrote that book “American Taliban” and the MSM thought it was hyperbolic nonsense? Good times.

13 Likes

I would be pleased as punch if Alabama seceded. We could then build a wall to keep those losers out.

5 Likes

It’s disheartening to read comments from supposed liberals saying that they want the South to secede from the Union—which is tacit support for Moore and Peroutka and their repellent worldview.

Secession is illegal under the Constitution.
The issue was settled decisively in 1865.

Instead of agreeing with Moore and Peroutka and their KKK allies, you should be fighting against everything they stand for and everything they want.

But you think it’s cute to disparage an entire region and its citizenry—because of a small minority with loud voices and disgusting ideas.

Your comments are not clever, amusing, or helpful.

38 Likes

Where would the South be without federal funds? Do any of these guys understand just how screwed their “biblical nation” would be without blue states propping them up? Alabama and Mississippi might have to tax their own residents at a reasonable rate, and then there would be secessions within the secessionists.

6 Likes

As a proud resident of the state of Maryland I am saddened that we have a rich slimeball like Peroutka in our midst.

7 Likes

Where would any state or region be without federal funds?

Don’t make this about the South. It’s about some loud-mouthed small-minded bigots, and they don’t speak for nor represent the South.

16 Likes

Thank you. You said it more elegantly and persuasively than I could muster.

Concur.

5 Likes

They want an antebellum economy where they control vast rents and can misdirect the frustration of their fellow residents at convenient scapegoats…except they already have that. My point is they don’t even understand how their greed and lust for power is counterproductive, much like the original secessionists who could have simply blocked (Lincoln) Republican legislation via their presence in the Senate.

But you’re right, as there are a disturbing number of rebel flags in places like Iowa and Wisconsin.

7 Likes

WHY do these unhinged, un-American treasonous bastards even want to LIVE in the United States? I’m sure there is a country somewhere they can overrun to set up their own government???

1 Like

Then why did you castigate the entire South?

Your explanation is full of holes.

1 Like

What about a swap. Let Alabama and Mississippi secede and form a contiguous entity. Offset them with DC and Puerto Rico as states. Two that wants out for two that wants in.

6 Likes

Liberals so willing to abandon all of those Southerners whose blood, sweat, and tears, literally, literally, have built and sustained the South for four hundred years.

Better idea: invite the vile secessionists to go form their own white Christianist radical society somewhere else. Leave the majority of Southerners out of this.

7 Likes

And no hurricane relief money for the hurricane headed their way.

1 Like

Such an opportunity is also known as a “Pascal’s wager”.

Ties to secessionists? They should be more worried about being kicked out.

1 Like

Unwilling to tax themselves, a budget for an independent nation would have to be formed by slashing spending on basic needs and squeezing people like you and me.

1 Like

How callous and un-American of you.***

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available