Discussion: Reports: Trump Aide Boris Epshteyn To Leave White House Position

Meanwhile in Moscow Putin opponent Aleksei Navalny has been thrown into jail for 15 days. Or 15 years. Or forever. Depends on the mood in the Kremlin.

A day after the largest antigovernment protests in more than five years, a Moscow court on Monday slapped the opposition leader behind the outburst, Aleksei A. Navalny, with a 15-day prison sentence for resisting arrest.

At the urging of Mr. Navalny, tens of thousands of Russians — many of them in their teens and 20s — poured into the streets in scores of cities across the country on Sunday to protest endemic corruption among the governing elite, despite a blanket ban against unsanctioned rallies of any size.

The police responded by beating protesters and arresting more than 1,000 in Moscow alone, though by Monday many had been released.

4 Likes

Time for a cocktail

9 Likes

I have to feel that Cohen is on a FISA warrant somewhere too. And probably Kushner as well.

The one big thing the FBI has to be focused on, is Flynn, and in particular, the “peace plan” that landed on his desk courtesy of these folks. That goes directly to a cause-effect relationship between Flynn’s conversations as well as provable coordination.

7 Likes

Sucks to be him. I guess the salary at Fox or Alex Jones can support both baby mommas.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know what to make of her. Is she right, or does someone what us to think that she is?

2 Likes

Tired of so much whining, for sure.

7 Likes

“Epshteyn’s departure was not “an acrimonious situation” and came at both his and the administration’s behest.”

More likely came at the behest of Fox News.

1 Like

It probably the fire is getting a lot closer just like Flynn and Manafort: https://patribotics.blog/2017/03/27/boris-epshteyn-named-in-july-fisa-application-did-nunes-obstruct-justice/

Administration is looking for a spot to put him? That shouldn’t be a problem just give him a office next to Ivanka office.

2 Likes

Anyone else think he’s the Source E in the Steele dossier?

3 Likes

My-O-My !! Are all these changes reflecting reassignments to Moscow or the New Little Moscow ?? New jobs, purges of loyal Americans, deleting of phone records and any and everything to destroy evidence (probably) required for the facts to emerge.

What’s with the chairmen of the committees demanding all the evidence now ??? Who are they sharing it with ??? What’s with this Noones (?) joker running to Trump to declare vindication when it appears that he fabricated his “evidence” ??? The Repubs cannot be trusted with any sensitive information as they have an uncontrollable urge to tell Rump and the boys. With the total control you Rump voters gave them we are gonna have to “burn the shithouse down” , so to speak, to cleanse the government.

This is OUR country and the Russian influence should scare the shit out of all of us. This is serious shit and our republic is at risk. Cable news refuses to treat this with the proper concern and insists on shoving this horseshit through as normal political activity. They could regret that later … depends on who wins.

1 Like

Mensch’s reporting seems to be about two speculative leaps beyond what I am ready to assume is true. It could turn out to be true, but I’d rather not follow her that far out and then have to backtrack. Her history suggests to me that she does not count credibility as one of her most valuable assets.

I’ve been trying not to let any of the Russia reporting raise my hopes much about getting rid of Trump in less than four years.

From the reporting by the respected papers, and from statements by Comey and other officials, I am willing to assume that investigators have evidence of nefarious connections between Russians and Trump’s associates or organization. I am not yet ready to assume that the investigators believe they can make a criminal case from the evidence. There is a lot of nefarious behavior that isn’t criminal or that doesn’t leave much evidence that can be used in a criminal case.

3 Likes

I see the date on it as back in February, but there are so many more losses, including repealing ACA, that make the presented list look puny.

Kinda like DT.

That was the date of the quote. The checklist is since then

Nah, just too obviously connected to Putin&co. so President Bannon is trying to jettison him in the hopes of distancing his presidency from that Russian connection. It won’t work because his poodle, Trump, is tied to the Putin himself.

Who the fuck is he? Some guy that helps Donald come up with stupid shit to tweet?

1 Like

You are correct - misread (a week and a half of goat births will do that to one). My apologies.

1 Like

agree totally about Mensch. Seems like sometimes she has some good info and other times she’s just weird and CT. So that means being skeptical about everything she says.

1 Like

With so many recent deaths of Russians who meet with any number of unfortunate accidents, his 15 day sentence might be cut short by, oh, a bout of the flu?

1 Like

Nothing to apologize for. This misadministration has us all a bit frazzled.

1 Like

I was going to suggest maladministration, but it occurs to me that this group has hit the trifecta:

Nonfeasance
Misfeasance
Malfeasance

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available