Discussion: Reports: Trump Admin Considering Draft Executive Order To Withdraw From NAFTA

Our country will be lower than third world the longer tRUMP and the republiCONz are in power. As it is, we are really screwed.

The shoes are sabots, hence the T in “sabotage.”

1 Like

I think that Trump is making this decision on NAFTA and the National Monuments as a bargaining chip to get the people who are against his tax plan or health insurance plan, must accept something that in the plan they don’t like, in order to him to not take away NAFTA or National Monuments, which he was not going to do anyway. This is like North Korea, arresting US citizens, for a bargaining chip against the United States, because the release of these citizens are part of the negotiations and the US usually gives something up to North Korea, that would not have gotten without the arrested innocent U.S. citizens included in the negotiations.

1 Like

A Mexican Senator proposes to buy corn from Brazil/Argentina, leaving Midwest farmers holding the bag! I hope they go through with it!

1 Like

testing the water…

In French it was “sabo” but “sabot” is interchangeable with it.
Now they are just called “clogs”.

“Sabot” now means “carrier” or “holder” most commonly used in armaments nomenclature to indicate a non-rifled discardable “shoe” for a round of ammunition to fit into a larger barrel. Solid tungsten “dart” rounds in Tank ammunition typically use “sabots” that fall away when fired leaving the much thinner “dart” round to go down range.

2 Likes

It’s legal if that pie faced cracker AG. Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III says so.

1 Like

Also the root of saboteurs.

1 Like

Just to clarify, “sab-oh” is how it is pronounced in French. The French word is spelled “sabot.”

2 Likes

Canadians export a lot of food to the US. Live in a farming area that’s pretty much pro Trump so will be hilarious if they do close the border.

http://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/industry-markets-and-trade/statistics-and-market-information/agriculture-and-food-market-information-by-region/united-states-and-mexico/trade-data-and-analysis/competitive-trade-analysis-united-states/?id=1441897108056

1 Like

The National Embarrassment is accelerating China’s inroads as preferred “Great Power” partner for development funding throughout Africa, and now South and Central America.

What used to be “Pity poor Mexico, so far from God, so close to the United States” may well become “Let’s build missiles together, Comrade, as we both have lots of nimble-fingered folk”.

China’s activities in the South China Sea continue, our allies in that region are rightfully dazed and confused, and this whole Trans-Pacific Partnership thingee could get seriously weird pretty quickly. I’m not saying the NE would order missile strikes on one of his leased tie factories on the Mainland, but Saipan???

yeah. and we get their crummy tar sands slime. thanks, donald, you whack job.

1 Like

Nice imagery, but I’m pretty sure people at or near the bottom were poor enough during the industrial revolution that they couldn’t afford to wantonly toss away their shoes :wink:

1 Like

They made those themselves, out of wood so I doubt it cost them much.

1 Like

Do you really think people that poor are going to throw away their time and labor so carelessly? If wood found lying around is all it takes to damage the automated looms, they can just throw sticks. They don’t need to lose their shoes. Think about it…doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

So Mexico and Canada will still trade and the entire Pacific rim communities will trade under heavy Chinese influence and somehow us going it alone is a good thing.

In case Trounce hasn’t noticed, America isn’t manufacturing much of anything anymore, like ties or crappy ladies wear.

He is weakening our position and setting us up to be a part of another gigantic Trumpp fail.

The Chinese and Russians now just have to sit back and not interrupt as this fool self destructs.

1 Like

While he’s at it, why doesn’t he withdraw us from solar orbit, too?

The daystar … it hatesss us, precioussssss.

Uh, right.

(Image source: http://www.boeing.com/resources/boeingdotcom/company/tours/images/tours_hero_med_1280x436.jpg)

Nothing consequential, at all.

Trouble is, this current maladministration seems to believe the same thing you do. Which is why it’s OK to toss a major trans-Pacific agreement into the crapper, and sabotage ongoing trade relationships, and …

Tried to find American made products lately, like for the last twenty years or so?

Is off-shoring real and is Mexico killing us as Trumpp proclaims.

I didn’t say there was no manufacturing, just that it is greatly reduced and that insulting our trade partners and bailing on our agreements won’t help, us-that is.

You could’ve posted a picture that showed the Trumpp products being manufactured in China by $1 an hour workers also but apparently you believe that’s OK.

I know that assumption is wrong but then again, so is yours…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available